LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 131 users in the forums

OT Garry Gilliam thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
He's going to be a good fit for this offensive scheme and I think he give us a good backup at BOTH tackle spots. I hope they don't plan on him taking Trent Brown's spot though. I think Trent Brown can be a special RT for the next 10 years and could even slide to LT and be a real good player.

This
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He's going to be a good fit for this offensive scheme and I think he give us a good backup at BOTH tackle spots. I hope they don't plan on him taking Trent Brown's spot though. I think Trent Brown can be a special RT for the next 10 years and could even slide to LT and be a real good player.

This

My man, Stubby. My favorite player since his first game in 2015, when he started the last two. Then he was just raw massive power. Last yr, when he started throwing Von miller around, during the Denver -9er joint practices (2 days)...i saw something (in film) that was almost super human. Agile, great hands, great hand eye coordination, and without a doubt our one best pass blocker...and then came the memorable pancakes on student body right. He just slammed some guys and that includes some 2nd level guys also. There is one clip of him hammering the DE and then pancaking the OLB. That was it. I have loved the guy since then. Also when i hear he can't slide in zone, somebody isn't paying attn to this big cat's feet He can move and quick. Sure he got beat a few times, once a couple times in one game. But he made changes and stopped that. Talk about trading a 7th rd diamond? Horse puckey. Barring injury, Trenton is here for the duration. He'll do fine in ZBS.

A guy 350+ who can dunk a basketball? Good enough for me. Too few people appreciate just what kind of talent Trenton is. But John and kyle? They know. Just how hard is it to hold back a 280 lb behemoth of all lean muscle who wants to go thru you? Answer? Plenty hard. But yet that is what Trenton has done the last yr. He is not just a big fat guy. He is talented, strong as an ox, and can move. Plus he's coordinated. Very coordinated. That's what most folks overlook, Stubby. But you see it. We are still some of the few. Once season starts, and people see the O work, Trent will finally get some notice. To date...that has just been zero. It will change this yr, with kyle as OC/HC.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 26, 2017 at 5:53 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by English:
I still really don't understand why Seattle let him go.

I'm guessing cuz they only got like 9 mil in cap space. They gotta somehow make room for Jimmy Graham and Kam and a bunch of other guys if they wanna keep them.

Nice, I'm glad they got a lot of cap problems. I'm sure midget contributes to that!

It would be nice to have those same cap problems on our team in a year or so.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This

My man, Stubby. My favorite player since his first game in 2015, when he started the last two. Then he was just raw massive power. Last yr, when he started throwing Von miller around, during the Denver -9er joint practices (2 days)...i saw something (in film) that was almost super human. Agile, great hands, great hand eye coordination, and without a doubt our one best pass blocker...and then came the memorable pancakes on student body right. He just slammed some guys and that includes some 2nd level guys also. There is one clip of him hammering the DE and then pancaking the OLB. That was it. I have loved the guy since then. Also when i hear he can't slide in zone, somebody isn't paying attn to this big cat's feet He can move and quick. Sure he got beat a few times, once a couple times in one game. But he made changes and stopped that. Talk about trading a 7th rd diamond? Horse puckey. Barring injury, Trenton is here for the duration. He'll do fine in ZBS.

A guy 350+ who can dunk a basketball? Good enough for me. Too few people appreciate just what kind of talent Trenton is. But John and kyle? They know. Just how hard is it to hold back a 280 lb behemoth of all lean muscle who wants to go thru you? Answer? Plenty hard. But yet that is what Trenton has done the last yr. He is not just a big fat guy. He is talented, strong as an ox, and can move. Plus he's coordinated. Very coordinated. That's what most folks overlook, Stubby. But you see it. We are still some of the few. Once season starts, and people see the O work, Trent will finally get some notice. To date...that has just been zero. It will change this yr, with kyle as OC/HC.

doc disowned his son Okoye and adopted Brown instead!
I like underdogs...especially those with talent...tons of talent.
Originally posted by scooterp10:
Inside the film

Interesting to hear Gilliam only gave up one sack last season. That has to be an upgrade.

I think it was a perfect time to sign him, Lynch had just unretired and I don't think they had the flexibility to sign match Gilliam until Lynch was off the books. I am surprised we didn't do this to every cap strapped team who had restricted free agents!
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Inside the film

Interesting to hear Gilliam only gave up one sack last season. That has to be an upgrade.

I think it was a perfect time to sign him, Lynch had just unretired and I don't think they had the flexibility to sign match Gilliam until Lynch was off the books. I am surprised we didn't do this to every cap strapped team who had restricted free agents!

Just wait til cut down day. I bet john and Kyle already have their eyes set on 3 or 4 potential cuts. ERs, C, LB...that would be nice. But it will be a trick because they have to be better than what we have now. The Zut thing...man i sure hope that isn't a serious injury of his leg. (No idea what it is).
I like underdogs...especially those with talent...tons of talent.

Me too...love the kid.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Inside the film

Just wait til cut down day. I bet john and Kyle already have their eyes set on 3 or 4 potential cuts. ERs, C, LB...that would be nice. But it will be a trick because they have to be better than what we have now. The Zut thing...man i sure hope that isn't a serious injury of his leg. (No idea what it is).

Agree and they know who on our team to use as trade bait - should the need arise.
We don't need LBs or Cs.. ERs yes, unless we get lucky AF and 2/3 of Lynch,Eli,Pita emerge for us by the end of the year. Maybe Brooks gets thrown into the mix and gets himself a year extension.

Title of this thread needs to be updated with the correct spelling of his first name - should be, "Garry".
Dark horse G candidate doe?
Anyone here how he is going at training camp?
CHAMPIONs**t!
Share 49ersWebzone