LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Kicker Robbie Gould

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I know numbers aren't a very good way to measure kickers, but he does have a higher FG % and touchback total than Dawson.

Then again he did miss that game-tying FG when we played them in 2015. So I expect all the chicken littles to bring it up over and over again to make this signing look terrible.

He's a quality kicker for sure. Seen him kick a lot here in Chicago for a long time. He's dependable. Even has a higher % from 50+ (74%) than Dawson (70%).

He had a rough pre-season in 2016 and the Bears used that opportunity to cut him for a younger, cheaper option. Gould kicked well for the Giants this year.

Its a solid addition. Just be glad we're not sending out Jose Cortez or Owen Pochman lol.
was hoping for Greg the leg
What was wrong with Phil Dawson!?
a FA that has no connection what so ever to our staff???!!!! Is this real life?
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

He's 92 years old

me thinks he wanted out. Other than that i cant think of a reason to let him go.Should of franchised the old man
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
was hoping for Greg the leg

He sucks
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I know numbers aren't a very good way to measure kickers, but he does have a higher FG % and touchback total than Dawson.

Then again he did miss that game-tying FG when we played them in 2015. So I expect all the chicken littles to bring it up over and over again to make this signing look terrible.

He's a quality kicker for sure. Seen him kick a lot here in Chicago for a long time. He's dependable. Even has a higher % from 50+ (74%) than Dawson (70%).

He had a rough pre-season in 2016 and the Bears used that opportunity to cut him for a younger, cheaper option. Gould kicked well for the Giants this year.

Its a solid addition. Just be glad we're not sending out Jose Cortez or Owen Pochman lol.
didn't he shank us a win in Chicago ?
  • jcs
  • Veteran

$$$

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
didn't he shank us a win in Chicago ?

He did lol
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

That's punter Steve Weatherford
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

That's punter Steve Weatherford

And that's when we lost the NFC Title game in Overtime... Thanks for bringing back that terrible memory
Originally posted by SofaKing:
He's 92 years old

Originally posted by jcs:
$$$

A 92 year old kicker that wants more money makes no sense to me, but I trust you guys!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Good as Gould.
Share 49ersWebzone