There are 205 users in the forums

Mark Uyeyama, strength coach

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by wailers15:
Thank goodness!! I always hated seeing him stroke Harbaughs cock on the sidelines.
Dude was way too much in the mix on the sidelines.
I used to think he was a special assistant until I did some digging.
I bet Sakamato will try to get his beef cake into the mix
Sakamoto looks more like a srength coach than that dude.
[ Edited by Hawaii49er on Feb 2, 2017 at 9:24 PM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by thl408:
How you gonna be a trainer when it looks like you need a trainer?

Dude was a NT in college. Heck doesn't look as bad as Wilfork and some others.
  • thl408
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Oh snap. Didn't know that. NTs are the stocky guys.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think the trend the last few seasons was rather alarming...Niners had a ton of injuries. I looked at all 32 teams in Dec...and you can see the correlation of fewer injuries to more wins...both Atlanta & the Pats had a low number of players on IRL. It's good to address this issue now...before the roster swells during the off-season.

No question. As strong as the correlation to TO's in a game with W's and L's. I can show you the exact cut off point. I'm very pleasantly surprised by this move and very very curious on who made it.

I'm even more surprised it came so soon after Lynch came on board. Surely he noted while doing the trouble shooting for Dr York that we had an inordinate # of injuries, which correlated with our # of losses. I bet he saw that ugly IR # and next noted it tracked our # of losses. .and then made his move to try and correct it. Just guessing.
  • dj43
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think the trend the last few seasons was rather alarming...Niners had a ton of injuries. I looked at all 32 teams in Dec...and you can see the correlation of fewer injuries to more wins...both Atlanta & the Pats had a low number of players on IRL. It's good to address this issue now...before the roster swells during the off-season.

According to mangameslost.com, the 49ers were right in the same range as the Patriots and Falcons in terms of the total number of injuries and man games lost due to injuries. 49ers ranked 23rd in the league with 140 games lost. Pats were 25 and Falcons were 27. San Diego #1 had a monster 300 games lost.

All of which tends to show it wasn't the number of injuries that hurt this team. It was just poor talent.

I have no idea whether or not MU was a good coach or not but the number of injuries alone do not indict him as being a bad coach.
[ Edited by dj43 on Feb 2, 2017 at 10:36 PM ]
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Looking like Wilfork would be an improvement for me
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I posted some time ago that the guy should go, just based on the number of injuries we've had over the last 3 to 4 seasons.

Couple of bad seasons I can forgive, but when 15+ players are on IR 4 seasons in a row then there is something wrong with the strength and conditioning.
dude had 3 necks, cant take him seriously
Lynch knows what he's doing. Chubby trainers no more.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Bring back the bro!!

Who is this guy? Lmao

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by susweel:

Aaron Lynch was following his diet plan.

why i never made it to the nfl food is too good.

Oh that's why you didn't make it lol.
The last couple years the ir numbers were inflated cause we were completely out of it and we shut down guys with injuries who would play through if we were contending.

Guy may still suck as s&c coach but for other reasons i think.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
The last couple years the ir numbers were inflated cause we were completely out of it and we shut down guys with injuries who would play through if we were contending.

Guy may still suck as s&c coach but for other reasons i think.

20 on IR at the end this season. 1 redshirt, so 19 effective.
15 after 2015 (4 redshirts), so 11.
22 After 2014 (5 redshirts), so 17
11 After 2013 (4 redshirts) so 7
5-6 after the 2010-2012 season.

Ueyama was promoted to S&C coach in 2011. The team and its health collapsed in 2014, so it's not the Harbaugh effect.
Pretty sure that Lynch had access to more detailed injury reports to make this move.
We really shouldn't be hiring anyone unless they have a doctor of PT degree...these fat f**ks coming out of 4-year all they know is how to make muscle grow and brotein

To be fair a lot of our injuries last year were due to Kelly's stupid scheme though
[ Edited by Boldjames on Feb 3, 2017 at 5:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Boldjames:
We really shouldn't be hiring anyone unless they have a doctor of PT degree...these fat f**ks coming out of 4-year all they know is how to make muscle grow and brotein

To be fair a lot of our injuries last year were due to Kelly's stupid scheme though

yea majority of the injuries were on defense cause we kept em on the field too long.
Share 49ersWebzone