LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Worse Owner: Jed York vs Dean Spanos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Worse Owner: Jed York vs Dean Spanos

Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
San Diego has hosed Spanos again and again. I'm not mad at them for moving.

In what way?

The NFL and other sports franchises wanting to split the cost of building new stadiums but keeping the profits from concessions and naming rights is total BS. The Spanos family and the NFL fraternity should act like every other business and invest privately into their product instead of leveraging tax payers. If tax payers pay for the project then naming rights and concessions should be split in a partnership.

San Diego is better off without the Spanos family and incidentally the Chargers. Sad to say but building a new stadium under the Spanos family plan gave no benefit to the city and came with a huge cost that would have been damning for years.

Yeah I have to agree with this. Part of why I support Jed compared to other owners is cuz I saw the stuff Spanos did during my 5 years living in SD.

Archie Manning was right to not let Eli play there.

The city gets tax revenue and could use the venue for other purposes.

I've seen years of efforts to keep the Bolts in SD, with the city and voters repeatedly (most recently last year) saying no. Spanos moved the team to a city where the numbers work for them.

I do feel bad for the die hard SD fans, though.

We have a lot of Chargers fans in South OC where I am - Curious to see if this impacts their support of the team.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Jan 13, 2017 at 7:32 AM ]
Originally posted by TheRambler:
One owner insured your team will be here for decades. The other made sure that team ceases to exist in the other area it had fans.

I mean....I guess.

I think its more accurate to say one owner moved his team an hour and 45 minutes away from its home, and one owner moved his team an hour away from its home.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
I can't see the LA experiment lasting long enough for both teams to move in to the new stadium. It's just not happening and the Chargers are going to be the ones that suffer.

Spanos is going to make a ton of cash in the short term and then it's going to collapse because literally NOBODY gives a crap about the team. My guess is the team moves again in two years time to San Antonio or Mexico City.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I mean....I guess.

I think its more accurate to say one owner moved his team an hour and 45 minutes away from its home, and one owner moved his team an hour away from its home.

Owner moving it an hour 45 minutes away had more options then a toxic waste site presented to him by his city.
Jed by far
Bad comparison. Jed always willing to keep the 49ers in the area. Jed not even close with Spanos. There are other bad owners.
Share 49ersWebzone