There are 218 users in the forums

NFL is planning a "spring league"

Shop 49ers game tickets
SiriusXM NFL Radio reports the NFL is planning a "spring league" that will be four teams of veteran free agent players, set to begin in 2017.

Source: SiriusXM NFL Radio on Twitter

.All vets, interesting. They could expand later by sending bad teams to the spring league to get in shape.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Dec 22, 2016 at 2:41 PM ]
Yeah like it is not over exposed now. Lets over expose it even more.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah like it is not over exposed now. Lets over expose it even more.

I think this is more for developmental purposes then for entertainment. The NFL absolutely needs some sort of D league.
They clarified and it sounds even worse now,

Profootballtalk reports the reported "spring league" set to debut next year is not connected to the NFL.

Someone at SiriusXM NFL Radio has been had. This makes more sense, as the announcement came so out of left field from an unusual source. This sort of thing would normally be tightly collectively bargained. A new league will still apparently exist, but it doesn't seem likely to be much of an NFL feeder.

Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter
Just heard a radio report on westwood one. Made up of NFL free agents, coaches with NFL experience, 4 teams, 6 games each.

I hope no one is expecting to actually make money on this.
Originally posted by Tman:
I think this is more for developmental purposes then for entertainment. The NFL absolutely needs some sort of D league.

A development league with teams comprised of veteran free agents?
The NFL is the Activision of sports. Shove something down the consumers throats until the product becomes total crap, and they despise it.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Cool. I get bored during off season.
Share 49ersWebzone