LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 275 users in the forums

Rules that should be changed

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Every single play or penalty should be reviewable. I have yet to see anyone come up with a reasonable argument against it.

5 hour games won't be fun to watch.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
For the love of god, no more team celebrations.

? Why do you hate having fun

They are terrible though. It is for the players' own protection.

While some are just dumb or need an explanation the hide and seek celebration was awesome. Or the always classic bowling one. I'm personally a fan
If you fumble the ball into the endzone, it should be an automatic turnover. Ball should revert to your opponent's 25 yard line.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
If you fumble the ball into the endzone, it should be an automatic turnover. Ball should revert to your opponent's 25 yard line.

What? This is even worse than the current rules, as it doesn't even require the defense to gain possession if the fumble remains in the end zone.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Every single play or penalty should be reviewable. I have yet to see anyone come up with a reasonable argument against it.

Game would take too long.

Originally posted by TheGore49er:
5 hour games won't be fun to watch.

Why are you guys assuming that challenging a penalty would take more time than challenging, say, if the running back's knee was down? I am not advocating that teams have more challenges, just that everything should be reviewable. This wont make the game longer in the slightest bit.

So again, I have not seen one valid argument against being able to review anything.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Mar 1, 2018 at 3:49 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
What? This is even worse than the current rules, as it doesn't even require the defense to gain possession if the fumble remains in the end zone.

Typo. It should NOT be an automatic turnover. You shouldn't lose the ball just because you fumble into the end zone. That's what i was saying.

If you fumble and it goes out of bounds, he fumbling team should retain possession but lose field position.
[ Edited by Dillesq on Mar 1, 2018 at 4:05 PM ]
This may be unpopular, but screw instant replay! Get rid of it, make the refs full time, and add another refs downfield. Make them make a call, and just efing live with it! Instant replay, has slowed the game down, made the most exciting plays boring! You wanna jump our of your seat and scream TOUCHDOWN when your team scores, not go grab a beer from the fridge and wait to see if its really a TD! With out replay you know what a catch is?......and effing catch! Thats all a catch, looks like a catch great, then its a catch!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Mar 1, 2018 at 4:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by captveg:

Typo. It should NOT be an automatic turnover. You shouldn't lose the ball just because you fumble into the end zone. That's what i was saying.

If you fumble and it goes out of bounds, he fumbling team should retain possession but lose field position.

Okay, phew. Then we agree. Though I would probably put it at the 20.
[ Edited by captveg on Mar 3, 2018 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
This may be unpopular, but screw instant replay! Get rid of it, make the refs full time, and add another refs downfield. Make them make a call, and just efing live with it! Instant replay, has slowed the game down, made the most exciting plays boring! You wanna jump our of your seat and scream TOUCHDOWN when your team scores, not go grab a beer from the fridge and wait to see if its really a TD! With out replay you know what a catch is?......and effing catch! Thats all a catch, looks like a catch great, then its a catch!

Where do I sign up?
Originally posted by English:

Where do I sign up?

This.

I honestly would prefer if this were actual football again. While I am in favor of all of the rules to protect players, I'd like if some of the rules that favored the offense were eliminated. I didn't have a problem with the way the Seahawks DBs played when that defense was at their height. My issue was, all of the teams weren't allowed to play that way. I'd also eliminate all instant replay, save for coach's challenges and actual scores. Higher more officials if necessary, but instant replay as it as has to go. I, like many other fans, have no idea what a catch is anymore.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by English:

Where do I sign up?

This.

Why stop the clock on an incomplete pass?
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Why stop the clock on an incomplete pass?

because I want a game that last longer than 60 mins

There would be have as many plays as now and teams wouldn't have enough timeouts.
Finally!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2765567-nfl-competition-committee-plans-to-alter-catch-rule-language-replay-process?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone