There are 137 users in the forums

Is Jay Cutler better

Shop 49ers game tickets
Is Jay Cutler a better QB than what the 49ers have on roster.. would you rather have him over what we currently have ?
No.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
no
ewwwww
The search button is your friend.
His arm is better. Thats about it
Hell no
anybody is better than who we have
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
anybody is better than who we have

not true.

At least guys like Gabbert wants to be out there...Cutler on this team would get a hang nail and pull "himself" from the game instead of facing overwhelming odds.

• Dino
  • Veteran
Hell yeah
I would love to see what a QB like Jay Cutler could do on a team that had a strong defense. Cutler's gunslinger type play is infuriating, but does he really have any choice? If Cutler played game manager and didnt have to worry about production, people would likely have a higher opinion of him than they do now. But since he doesnt have the luxury to do nothing and let his defense win him games, he has no choice but to try to make plays. Sometimes he succeeds. Sometimes he fails. But he would be regarded as a much better QB than he is if he had a defense for any part of his career.

So to answer the question, yes, Cutler is better than what we have. Dont know that I would want him to play with this dumpster fire of a defense though.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I would love to see what a QB like Jay Cutler could do on a team that had a strong defense. Cutler's gunslinger type play is infuriating, but does he really have any choice? If Cutler played game manager and didnt have to worry about production, people would likely have a higher opinion of him than they do now. But since he doesnt have the luxury to do nothing and let his defense win him games, he has no choice but to try to make plays. Sometimes he succeeds. Sometimes he fails. But he would be regarded as a much better QB than he is if he had a defense for any part of his career.

So to answer the question, yes, Cutler is better than what we have. Dont know that I would want him to play with this dumpster fire of a defense though.

I agree.

I think Cutler in the right situation could be a good QB capable of winning a lot of games.

I remember in 2012 after losing to the Giants and before Alex got hurt my friend was telling me about Colin Cowherd saying that if the Bears were willing to part with Cutler, Harbaugh would have been the first one on the phone with him.

Don't forget guys that Cutler has been to an NFCC on a 2010 Bears team that wasn't as good as any of the '11-'13 Niner teams.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
JAY CUTLER IS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN ANY QBs WE'VE HAD FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS !!
I think the fact this is even a question tells us all we need to know.
Share 49ersWebzone