LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 171 users in the forums

TRADED Rashard Robinson CB LSU - 4th Round pick - BYE RASHARD

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ryanoceros:
He looked very good last season even though he was lined up against 3rd/4th receivers. He deserves a shot at cracking the starting lineup. He's got some swag and that pick against the Rams was a very good read on his part. The DAGGER!

I know right. The dagger for miles Garrett dammit! I wasted over 3 hours watching that Cleveland game for them to only lose in OT against the backup steelers. That touchback pick 6 was atrocious but I truly understand why they say some teams are destined to be bad
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Please, nobody mention that darell Revis is available , or soon will be. We are NOT interested.. I like Rashard.

at the right price id be down. But i doubt he comes at a reasonable price. Id expect him to go back to the patriots
  • Jiks
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Ryanoceros:
He looked very good last season even though he was lined up against 3rd/4th receivers. He deserves a shot at cracking the starting lineup. He's got some swag and that pick against the Rams was a very good read on his part. The DAGGER!

I know right. The dagger for miles Garrett dammit! I wasted over 3 hours watching that Cleveland game for them to only lose in OT against the backup steelers. That touchback pick 6 was atrocious but I truly understand why they say some teams are destined to be bad

Worst game I've ever watched in any sport at any level.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
at the right price id be down. But i doubt he comes at a reasonable price. Id expect him to go back to the patriots

You must've not been following his offseason news...

Lol he's probably not gonna play a down in football after what happened.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Please, nobody mention that darell Revis is available , or soon will be. We are NOT interested.. I like Rashard.

What exactly happened? I thought he just got into a fight.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

To be fair to Revis, it sounds like 2 drunk blokes started following and filming him on their mobile phone. He grabbed the phone, and tossed it into the road. I assume they weren't too happy about that, so Revis knocked them both out.

Admittedly, he could have handled that better. But that kind of s**t would piss me off too. But now he's being done for robbery and assault, so there we are.
Originally posted by WolfTotem:

To be fair to Revis, it sounds like 2 drunk blokes started following and filming him on their mobile phone. He grabbed the phone, and tossed it into the road. I assume they weren't too happy about that, so Revis knocked them both out.

Admittedly, he could have handled that better. But that kind of s**t would piss me off too. But now he's being done for robbery and assault, so there we are.

Ish sounds shady for both sides really. If Revis did knock them out that's super extreme and shouldn't have been in the situation, PERIOD. Like wtf you walking and exposing yourself to possible instigators...Security? Should of known better IMO.

Back to football, uh....just don't think it happens but you never know. The madden voice is whispering him converting to FS doe
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Feb 24, 2017 at 2:16 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Ish sounds shady for both sides really. If Revis did knock them out that's super extreme and shouldn't have been in the situation, PERIOD. Like wtf you walking and exposing yourself to possible instigators...Security? Should of known better IMO.

Back to football, uh....just don't think it happens but you never know. The madden voice is whispering him converting to FS doe

I honestly think Revis is a good buy-low kind of potential signing. I think there's still a decent amount of meat on that bone. He could be what Charles Woodson was to the Packers. I don't think he'll be all-pro' any more, but I think he has a few really good years left.

Maybe I'm wrong. Some people say he's a FS now. Nobody will know for sure 'til he takes the field.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Feb 24, 2017 at 4:06 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

I honestly think Revis is a good buy-low kind of potential signing. I think there's still a decent amount of meat on that bone. He could be what Charles Woodson was to the Packers. I don't think he'll be all-pro' any more, but I think he has a few really good years left.

Maybe I'm wrong. Some people say he's a FS now. Nobody will know for sure 'til he takes the field.

Yep. Exactly. We could take that risk with our cap space. Ward moving to FS or not, I think I'd be a really smart decision to get a CB/S in the top 3 rounds. I'm going DE, CB/FS,WR, SAM, QB in the first four rounds(2 comp picks). In the 5th go RB&another QB or ILB.

Rashard Robinson is Walt Harris 2.0! Hope he's the diamond in the rough. I can't wait for this team to have a shutdown corner!
Originally posted by plummerfan:
Rashard Robinson is Walt Harris 2.0! Hope he's the diamond in the rough. I can't wait for this team to have a shutdown corner!
he could be the next "Eric Davis" , a mainstay at the position for seasons to come

I hope Redmond comes on strong also , we need a solid secondary to remain competitive , we could focus on CB's exclusively in the draft, we seem set at safety , Tartt, Reid and Ward are ready to go , if Cromartie sticks around as a reserve safety , we're set
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by plummerfan:
he could be the next "Eric Davis" , a mainstay at the position for seasons to come

I hope Redmond comes on strong also , we need a solid secondary to remain competitive , we could focus on CB's exclusively in the draft, we seem set at safety , Tartt, Reid and Ward are ready to go , if Cromartie sticks around as a reserve safety , we're set

if we get Hooker, we could have a top 5 secondary with Robinson and Ward at CB, Hooker at FS, Tartt/Reid at SS, and Redmond at slot
  • thl408
Lots of discussion around scheme fit this offseason. If Salah goes predominantly zone, it will be interesting to see how RR handles being a zone defender. At LSU he was playing lots of man, when he played. He played a lot of man coverage last season whether it was off or press coverage. The skillset required, and what the player is asked to key on are very different. Instead of watching a single WR post snap (man), he'll now be asked to watch the QB and the route combinations coming at him.
Originally posted by thl408:
Lots of discussion around scheme fit this offseason. If Salah goes predominantly zone, it will be interesting to see how RR handles being a zone defender. At LSU he was playing lots of man, when he played. He played a lot of man coverage last season whether it was off or press coverage. The skillset required, and what the player is asked to key on are very different. Instead of watching a single WR post snap (man), he'll now be asked to watch the QB and the route combinations coming at him.

Great post. Can we expect to see pattern match man, leading to zone?
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 7, 2017 at 10:28 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone