There are 207 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
They getting desperate.

Poor move.

i just went to their fan forum and wow. just like you said... the common talk is " desperate move that will eliminate us from competing in the nfc west for years. also something about some guy named snisher who is unable to assess quarterbacks!.... oh i also note there is only four pages of talk about this. wow. no matter what city it is, they really have passionless fans in my opinion. if we would have done that move. the server would have shut down by now
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Except if Goff or Wentz actually develop into great a QB, than it was worth it. Very risky move, and hopefully for us it won't work out.
Useless if you lose guys through FA and aren't able to replace them via draft.
QB is a very important position, there is no question about that, still you are in need of impact players at other positions as well.
Nine picks for a probable decent qb?!!

Lol keep Goff/Wentz
Originally posted by communist:
Useless if you lose guys through FA and aren't able to replace them via draft.
QB is a very important position, there is no question about that, still you are in need of impact players at other positions as well.

i think for the most part they are set on D

they could use some upgrade at WR but they arent horrible there

i think OL is an issue for them though and they have a star RB

i think qb is there missing link other than some minor support guys

and btw i think rams made a bad trade they gave too much but i think it could benefit them overall
These "rumors" are so stupid. "Were hearing its Wentz. But wait, now its Goff! Goff for sure. Now sources say LA prefers Wentz!"

STFU.

Sports media has become so terrible. Its just TMZ now. No truth behind anything, as long as it gets views.
I f**king hate the Rams. The 49ers will struggle at qb for several years after missing out on the top 2 this year. That's a horrible deal for the rams, but it screws us in the worst way, so maybe not so bad from thei perspective.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I f**king hate the Rams. The 49ers will struggle at qb for several years after missing out on the top 2 this year. That's a horrible deal for the rams, but it screws us in the worst way, so maybe not so bad from thei perspective.

A high draft qb does not guarantee championships.

A high caliber defense does however guarantee playoffs.

A great oline is necessary to succeed offensively.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by WINiner:

A high draft qb does not guarantee championships.

A high caliber defense does however guarantee playoffs.

A great oline is necessary to succeed offensively.

A high caliber defense is difficult to maintain because of the number of people needed to do so. A very good QB makes your entire offense look better. A Very good defensive lineman, or lb, or db doesn't make your entire defense better, you need very good players at each level.
You would think if any team got fleeced in a trade, it would not be the Rams. But it is apropos that they got an RGIII type screw job, considering they were the ones that inflicted that before.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
You would think if any team got fleeced in a trade, it would not be the Rams. But it is apropos that they got an RGIII type screw job, considering they were the ones that inflicted that before.

It's the way things work. Before they got the good side of the trade and built their defense up. Now they are on the cusp and looking to add a legit qb to get them over the top, so they make a deal where they get the high pick and give up a lot. It all comes down to getting the right guy at qb.

Moving all the way from 15 to 1 I think the Rams made the better deal. I don't even think about them losing this year's first since they are still obtaining this year's 1st #1 overall. Essentially the only things they are losing is both 2nd rounders this year. Next year's 1st and 3rd. That's it.. to move all the way from #15 to 1.

In my eyes they still get to draft at #1 overall and then continue drafting round 3 this year. Next year sure they don't draft round 1 but they draft rounD 2 and pick right back up in round 4 like nothing happened. Far from a kings ransom imo
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Moving all the way from 15 to 1 I think the Rams made the better deal. I don't even think about them losing this year's first since they are still obtaining this year's 1st #1 overall. Essentially the only things they are losing is both 2nd rounders this year. Next year's 1st and 3rd. That's it.. to move all the way from #15 to 1.

In my eyes they still get to draft at #1 overall and then continue drafting round 3 this year. Next year sure they don't draft round 1 but they draft rounD 2 and pick right back up in round 4 like nothing happened. Far from a kings ransom imo
lol
It just all depends on how much they really believe in Wentz... I'm guessing it is him.

If there is something legit special there then yeah it will be worth it.

But if they are going ok "upside" and it was a toss up between him and Goff... then no you don't want to gamble like that.... especially when you are so close with Talent on the Roster.

Their team could've been an attraction for a free agent QB next year (one that got franchised or something)

get a proven QB for the LA market.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Apr 14, 2016 at 8:14 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
i just went to their fan forum and wow. just like you said... the common talk is " desperate move that will eliminate us from competing in the nfc west for years. also something about some guy named snisher who is unable to assess quarterbacks!.... oh i also note there is only four pages of talk about this. wow. no matter what city it is, they really have passionless fans in my opinion. if we would have done that move. the server would have shut down by now

Which one?

There are several since the fan base is divided now.

I expect the reason you don't see a lot of postings is that they are spread over several boards for one. The old boards are now adjusting. The new LA fan boards are just starting and only have us diehard Rams fans from before the STL move and some remaining StL fans.

Member: The LA Rams have not been in LA for over 21 years. There is NO fan base right now except us few diehards and some StL remnants. I'm sure it will pick up.

There really is no solid fan base yet. It's coming.....you just wait, you.
[ Edited by ArizonaBlue on Apr 14, 2016 at 9:36 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

It's the way things work. Before they got the good side of the trade and built their defense up. Now they are on the cusp and looking to add a legit qb to get them over the top, so they make a deal where they get the high pick and give up a lot. It all comes down to getting the right guy at qb.

It's a hit and hit big, or lose and lose big deal.

I'm all in as a Rams fan. We've been losing for so long....let's gamble and play.
Share 49ersWebzone