LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

Trade for....Cordarrelle Patterson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Trade for ...."A New Owner "
lol. Patterson couldnt hold Torrey's jockstrap.

He'll never be a good NFL receiver, he runs routes like he is wearing clown shoes. Kelly's offense demands guys that are precise and efficient route runners. He has never returned punts so basically you'd be using up a roster spot for a guy to return kicks which most teams can easily negate.
Originally posted by 9moon:
the guy left school too early... he played only 1 year at Tenn after JuCo... if we can get him here, his PR skills alone will be a plus for the team.. then you line him up as a slot and try to get him covered and isolated against a LB and he'll lead the league in TD for sure.. well, unless Kaep is the QB..

Anyhow, Reid for Patterson all the way!!!

Wtf
I'd much prefer Sproles. The Eagles have Murray and Matthews ahead of him on the depth chart.
Uh...no thanks. Baalke would do better to draft Jakeem Grant, a very explosive KR from Texas Tech. He's small, but very tough for his size. And, man, can he run.
Patterson strikes me as some one with low stamina and zero work ethic I'd trade a late 6th soley on his ability to KR/PR
What'd we give Miami for Ginn? A 5th round pick? I'd be down for giving Minnesota a 6th with potential to be a 5th.
Ted Ginn 2.0
One of the things I'm excited about with Kelly coming here is his special teams have always been excellent. Going back to Oregon he had De'Anthony Thomas and LaMichael James returning punts and kick offs. In 2014 the eagles traded a 5th round pick for Darren Sproles. And as you can tell by this video, Kelly preaches the ball hawk mentality on kick coverage.

Special Teams is the last thing I'm worried about with Chip Kelly.

Originally posted by SisterFister:
One of the things I'm excited about with Kelly coming here is his special teams have always been excellent. Going back to Oregon he had De'Anthony Thomas and LaMichael James returning punts and kick offs. In 2014 the eagles traded a 5th round pick for Darren Sproles. And as you can tell by this video, Kelly preaches the ball hawk mentality on kick coverage.

Special Teams is the last thing I'm worried about with Chip Kelly.

This. Phillie was able to win games they shouldn't and hang around in others they were getting outplayed in beacause of their special teams.

Trade for Max Unger, trade our early 2 for Muhammad Wilkerson
I like Eric Rogers, I like Smelter, I like Patton in Kelly's offense. Boldin too if he re-signs
This... is actually a great idea.

There is huge untapped potential in Patterson. He has the raw talent to be a top-20 receiver in this league.

Whether or not a team gets that out of him is the question, but it's a great idea. Props OP.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
This... is actually a great idea.

There is huge untapped potential in Patterson. He has the raw talent to be a top-20 receiver in this league.

Whether or not a team gets that out of him is the question, but it's a great idea. Props OP.

That'll never happen, he is a poor man's Ted Ginn
Originally posted by NickSh49:

No he doesnt.

"He's big and he is fast, that must mean he can be awesome!"

Meh.

Dude lacks all fundamentals for being a receiver in this league. I said it before he was drafted and nothing has changed. In college he got away with just being an athlete playing receiver but it hasnt worked for him in the NFL. You dont just figure out how to play the position all of a sudden.

All this "but he's got so much potential talk" is just wishful thinking. Its like drafting a QB that can throw it 80 yards but cant throw it with any sort of accuracy.

"His arm is just soooo strong, if only he could learn to actually throw it TO his receivers he'd be awesome!"

It never works out. QBs that lack accuracy in college dont suddenly become accurate passers in the NFL and receivers that are lacking as route runners and other basic receiver skills dont suddenly figure it out in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone