There are 156 users in the forums

2016 HOF class

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Marvin Harrison over TO is a f**kin joke

Dungy getting in at all was kind of puzzling TBH. I'm not a Dungy hater, but his resume isn't THAT great

Yeah I agree, that one was a head scratcher also.

Must be a personality thing since he seems to be liked by pretty much everyone.

It was definitely because of his personality.

I feel that shouldn't matter, and should be based on field production. Unless he was like A Hernandez, which he wasn't.
These writers are complete fools. I don't give a damn what TO did off the field, he gave his all on the field. Looks like some of them held a personal grudge. Brett did some schetchy stuff in Green Bay with rodgers and taking over a few summers. Marvin's got some crazy off field things too. These fools need to lose their vote.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Niner_lobo:
These writers are complete fools. I don't give a damn what TO did off the field, he gave his all on the field. Looks like some of them held a personal grudge. Brett did some schetchy stuff in Green Bay with rodgers and taking over a few summers. Marvin's got some crazy off field things too. These fools need to lose their vote.

Voters are instructed not to factor any off field behavior into their decisions.

Voters are instructed not to factor any off field behavior into their decisions.

Like that REALLY happens ...
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:

Like that REALLY happens ...

Just sayin
Tom Flores wins super bowl toW with the Raiders Tony Dungy wins one and he gets in for the first minority to win a Superbowl! F..k you. A.. Holes
Originally posted by JD9671:
Tom Flores wins super bowl toW with the Raiders Tony Dungy wins one and he gets in for the first minority to win a Superbowl! F..k you. A.. Holes

Tony Dungy should not get in over Flores. They might have left minorities out in the past, but they are trying to fix this the wrong way. Total bs. NFL is just getting all out of wack with all this PC BS. They are over correcting now.

TO is a tough call in my opinion. Obviously he has the numbers but he was a cancer for every team he played for so I'm not sure he is the sort of player that I would hold up as a shining example of the NFL's best. I'm not a big fan of the hall of fame anyway because it seems to me that it should at least pretend to honor those players who in some way fundamentally altered the game or just out and out proved they were better than anyone else. It's like Curtis Martin, the guy was a real professional and always was a benefit to every team he played on but I'm not sure what makes him so special that he deserves to be in the Hall. The same with Frank Gore. I loved Frank and everything he did for the team but I'm not sure that makes him Hall of Fame material. I was actually surprised that Owens' numbers were as good as they were because my memory of him is that he seemed to drop about half the passes that were thrown to him in any given game. But clearly that is a faulty perception.
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Tony Dungy
Brett Favre
Kevin Greene
Marvin Harrison
Orlando Pace
Dick Stanfel
Ken Stabler
Eddie DeBartolo

T.O. snub has got me salty... Tony Dungy gets in, WTF is this chit.

Nope, it isn't. MH was a great team mate and was a part of a championship team.

TO was not a great team mate all the time. It wasn't his fault the Eagles lost SB XXXIX, in fact he played great, but the team still lost that game.

That being said, TO will be in the HOF one day and deservedly so, just not as a first ballot guy, he didn't deserve that honor.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Apparently one of the best arguments against TO was that at the top of his career 3 teams dropped him.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Apparently the guy who was supposed to make the case for Brett Favre scrapped his speech at the last second and simply said "Brett Favre."

6 seconds, unanimous vote.
Marvin Harrison in before TO? What a joke
Apparently the guy who was supposed to make the case for Brett Favre scrapped his speech at the last second and simply said "Brett Favre."

6 seconds, unanimous vote.

The story I heard today on NFLN, was that: one voter stated his name, and then Dropped the MIC !
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Yes Karma keeps dubious characters from being selected first ballot... (Thank God, for Karma)

Karma seems to have a soft spot for "Beat A Woman Warren Sapp"
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Feb 6, 2016 at 8:09 PM ]
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Yes Karma keeps dubious characters for being selected first ballot... (Thank God, for Karma)

Karma seems to have a soft spot for "Beat A Woman Warren Sapp"

Thank god for butthurt-ness. My post applies to TO and TO alone. If you're on TO's tip I won't judge. He deserves to be in the HOF next year, just not 1st ballot.

I can't excuse Sapp's actions, he was a jerk in his own way too, but he doesn't appear to have the same laundry list of on field and in-building marks against him.

Him beating up a woman is inexcusable, but while you're bringing up irrelevant instances that have nothing to do with TO, how about that OJ Simpson, huh?
Share 49ersWebzone