LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Justin Tuck announces retirement

Shop 49ers game tickets
Oakland Raiders defensive end Justin Tuck announced his retirement Monday.

Tuck, 32, made the announcement on Facebook and said he's walking away with "very few regrets."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14692813/justin-tuck-oakland-raiders-announces-retirement

Very good player & a very good career.

I wish him all the best with future plans.
Guys are hanging em up earlier and earlier.

NFL concussion scandal really damaged the brand.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
good for him
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yeah, I mentioned in the Calvin thread that 10 year careers (11 for Tuck) will become the norm in the modern NFL.

Personally I have no problem with this, if you get good or greater production out of a player for a decade & they have a better quality of life after football, it's a win win imo.
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:

Yeah, I mentioned in the Calvin thread that 10 year careers (11 for Tuck) will become the norm in the modern NFL.

Personally I have no problem with this, if you get good or greater production out of a player for a decade & they have a better quality of life after football, it's a win win imo.

Yeah a 10 year span is solid. I hate watching great veterans struggle in the end to make a team.
Yeah a 10 year span is solid. I hate watching great veterans struggle in the end to make a team.

You'd get a lot more one team players.

Also 2 contract players will be better value for Teams/Organizations too.
Thanks to the wage scale, a good value rookie contract & if they prove themselves, only one major 2nd contract. (Throw in some payback clauses, if they leave early & you're set)
Tuck off into the sunset.
After reading the Joe Montana article about his post-football disabilities, I'm glad guys are hanging it up in their early 30s. Makes you wonder about the quality of life guys like Payton Manning, Tom Brady, and Ben Rothlesberger will lead after the game.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
After reading the Joe Montana article about his post-football disabilities, I'm glad guys are hanging it up in their early 30s. Makes you wonder about the quality of life guys like Payton Manning, Tom Brady, and Ben Rothlesberger will lead after the game.

Good call!
Share 49ersWebzone