Here's more Washington Commanders news.
Even MORE Washington Commanders news.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Wow

He paid $800 M in 1999
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
He paid $800 M in 1999

I vividly recall this being a HUGE deal. The prior franchises to sell in the mid 90s were around the $200M mark. Snyder's purchase was lauded as the beginning of a new era.

That team went on to clinch the NFC East in Candlestick park in December 99.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
[tweet https://www.hogshaven.com/2023/2/28/23618340/espn-has-details-the-investigation-dan-snyder-financial-crimes-and-its-time-for-him-to-sell-the-team]
Originally posted by Jcool:

Honestly, the smarter thing for Bezos to do would be to wait until the Seahawks go up for sale, which could happen in the near future.

I hope whoever buys it comes up with a better name.
Man if they move new stadium to VA that's gonna be beyond a traffic nightmare. Probably need a helicopter to get there in under 3 hours. DC doesn't have the space. Synder refused to sell the team to Bezos b/c he owns the Washington Post who exposed a lot of Synder's BS.
[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 22, 2023 at 8:16 AM ]
Took Brisket over Lamar Jackson and Cam Newton

if new owners wrap this quick and get Lamar in they will be local saviors to the entire community
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

if new owners wrap this quick and get Lamar in they will be local saviors to the entire community

A team that's about to be sold has no ability to put $200m in escrow for a single player.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Cam Newton is way past his prime.
Share 49ersWebzone