LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 123 users in the forums

2016 QB Options

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
In free agency i would go with Fitzpatrick(good leader and efficient QB)
Manning is gonna retire this year so no way Denver gonna let Osweiler go.
Bradford it depends what he will want going forward
Schaub is done

IF Chicago and Miami changes happen I would considerer Tanhehill over Cutler

hell no, i refuse that our team go into QB purgatory. Always ends badly and the team gets nowhere

wouldn't mind tannehill he played great last season
I wonder whats the deal with Chase Daniels. He usually looks good in the pre-season (for both New Orleans and KC) but never sees the field during the regular season. I know one thing he isn't gun shy and would be a cheap option. Shrug
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

I'd say we aim for a 2-3 year plan to rebuild the 49ers into the 2011 mold. What that means is we draft OL and DL/OLB high two years in a row while playing Gabbert.

A lot depends on what we finish with this year. If we had a disaster 1-4 win season, then definitely keep Gabbert and improve the team in the trenches.

When the surefire QB pops up in the draft you get him and make him sit a year.

The challenging thing here is timing all of this with the coaching staff we'll have in place. In an ideal world you'd have a new coaching staff right when you're about to draft this QB, but it's hard if not impossible to do such a thing.

Largely my opinion as well. I do think, if we draft high and the GM (not Baalke?) thinks it has a true blue chipper and not just that year's passing fad, we have to take that person. But if that guy isn't there, try to find a late round gem at the position and just spend the top of the draft on O-line and D. I could be patient with that plan for 2-3 years.

Also, cannot understate how sad it will be to see Kap go. It was absolutely the right choice to play him when we did, and at his best, he was solidly our best QB since Young. Loved his style, loved his demeanor and non-conformity. Only jersey I wore as an adult, and maybe the only I ever will. Still will be rooting for him to turn it around all year, but I can't deny obvious facts at this point.
[ Edited by kelson49er on Oct 8, 2015 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Seeing how Kaepernick is due near $17 million next year and word is he... ahem... might not quite be playing up to that level I thought it wouldn't be bad to get some ideas out there about who may be available in the offseason.

My own personal recommendation...

Robert Griffin III.

Griffin set the league on fire in 2012. 27 combined TDs to only 5 picks and led the Redskins to the division title. Major injury then occurred and things haven't been the same since. Surely his days are numbered in Washington. Perhaps with some time off to get his body and mind right, and with a new environment he could thrive. Because his stock has fallen considerably we might be able to get him for a reasonable price should Washington cut him.

are you high?
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Without a line, it doesn't matter who the QB is.

THIS^^^
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Bring in a decent vet.
Draft Goff and an OLine
Trade Kap for a 2nd

Sadly, we couldnt get a 2nd for kap. Maybe a 4th if we're lucky. We'd deal him to anyone who'd be willing to take his contract. I can see us trading him for a 5th or 6th rd pick at this point.

Why could we not?? we got 2 2nds for Smith....and Kap has been to a SB an multiple playoffs. He also has a team friendly contract.

It still blows my mind people are dropping Kap after two bad games.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
are you high?

Pretty much my reaction. Just about the worst FA pickup I could imagine.
  • Ike49
RGIII???? WTF????

I'd rather have my nuts smashed with a sledgehammer
Originally posted by kelson49er:
are you high?

Pretty much my reaction. Just about the worst FA pickup I could imagine.

yeah let's get a worse version of Kap lol...at least he can stay healthy.

Our best bet is to stick with Kap for the year and try to fix the OL anyway possible. IF the offense still blows by the end of the year then do whatever you can to get Goff and a decent vet backup, then take some of that cash to resign Boone and work on the OL in FA/draft.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 8, 2015 at 1:54 PM ]
The drew bees type success is so uncommon in the league, gotta draft a qb, then maybe get a so-so free agent qb to start next year and let the rookie not get killed right away, use the money from cutting kaep to get some o lineman/and wr. We're f**ked

Bring in a decent vet.
Draft Goff and an OLine
Trade Kap for a 2nd

Sadly, we couldnt get a 2nd for kap. Maybe a 4th if we're lucky. We'd deal him to anyone who'd be willing to take his contract. I can see us trading him for a 5th or 6th rd pick at this point.

Why could we not?? we got 2 2nds for Smith....and Kap has been to a SB an multiple playoffs. He also has a team friendly contract.

2? It's three straight dude, just because he put up yards on Pittsburghs terrible secondary? It ended in a blowout. He was also, for the most part, dog s**t last year too.
Originally posted by beatintina49:
Bring in a decent vet.
Draft Goff and an OLine
Trade Kap for a 2nd

2? It's three straight dude, just because he put up yards on Pittsburghs terrible secondary? It ended in a blowout. He was also, for the most part, dog s**t last year too.

The defense blew the Pitt game. Miller missed a easy TD, boldin missed a easy first down to extend play in the beginning and OL sucked I could go on and on....yes he isn't Rogers or Brady but those players come around once every 10 years man...the offense top to bottom has been s**t. Not just Kap
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Drew Brees

This!!!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Cutler and Maybe even Tannehlill might be available and maybe the 49ers swapping QBs with one of those teams might be in play. Fresh starts for everybody

No way..they both suck
I don't mind bringing in RGIII and having an open competition between him and Kap. I also hope we draft Cardale Jones. But I want Kap to enter next season as the starter, unless we can deal him for something valuable.

Won't happen with both of their salaries being where they are at for 2016
Share 49ersWebzone