There are 181 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I want to see him rub his belly in every game at least once
Originally posted by 9moon:
JUNIOR BRYANT - tho he was not drafted and also spent some time in Practice Squad

IIRC he was also more serviceable than impact player.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SlowDownBoy:
Like I've been saying for years now

He's always been a good player he just has to be used correctly.

Scouts and coaches get so infatuated with a player's size and strength that they figure he can excel in any position when that's not necessarily the case.

Give Armstead room to extend to be able to use his height strength and Leverage and he will bulrush pretty much any tackle in the league

Having a guy that can collapse the pocket, even if he doesn't get the sack, can cause a lot of problems for an offense. AA gets some push on just about every play.
Originally posted by dj43:

Scouts and coaches get so infatuated with a player's size and strength that they figure he can excel in any position when that's not necessarily the case.

Give Armstead room to extend to be able to use his height strength and Leverage and he will bulrush pretty much any tackle in the league

Having a guy that can collapse the pocket, even if he doesn't get the sack, can cause a lot of problems for an offense. AA gets some push on just about every play.

Between him and Buckner when lined up next to each other it's a nightmare for interior O-lineman, it's awesome to see AA grow and progress more every game..
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Zoners clamoring to resign Armstead and hoping that Witherspoon is able to play after the bye... are pigs freezing over and hell flying?

Lol, right!?!

Yeah this is weird. Hope we don't want ward back out there at fs. HELL NO!
Credit where it's due, he looked like a 1st rounder last night.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Credit where it's due, he looked like a 1st rounder last night.

No way - so your telling me AA isn't a liability anymore?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Please re-sign Armstead!!

never thought i would see something like this posted. Just people freaking out because he wasn't getting 12 sacks a year & that meant he was a bust.

Nah I knew he had talent, he was just under the wrong coaching staff in the past. A coaching staff that didn't know what to do with him. Sure he's had some and injuries and a frustrating journey but I always thought he had value.

Also a little biased cause I got to go hiking with the guy and his girl.
This guy has been huge for us. He just keeps eating!
Originally posted by dj43:

It's turned out to be a 1-2 punch. Body blows upon body blows by AA and then Ford comes in and it's a lightning quick right hook. Down for the count.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Greg Papa on KNBR: "Niners need to extend AA, hopefully during the bye week if they can. I'm sure they're already doing it." (paraphrasing)
[ Edited by okdkid on Sep 23, 2019 at 10:27 AM ]
Originally posted by okdkid:
Greg Papa on KNBR: "Niners need to extend AA, hopefully during the bye week if they can." (paraphrasing)

Just heard that, too...AA and of course Buckner. Also, Papa mentions, "AA doesn't fill up the stat sheet but he's a player", and thinks it's time for a deal for AA and not wait until he's a FA.
He is playing well. Have to admit I did not expect this from him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
This guy has been huge for us. He just keeps eating!

in regards to aa.. its like when i saw pettis made that catch... I'll be damed!! now... we can not allow ward back on that field.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
He is playing well. Have to admit I did not expect this from him.

me to.
Share 49ersWebzone