LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 284 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
dude is ballin'
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Zoners clamoring to resign Armstead and hoping that Witherspoon is able to play after the bye... are pigs freezing over and hell flying?

Lol, right!?!
Dude is playing lights out.
Yea he balling. I'm always leary of guys balling out in a contract year tho.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Please re-sign Armstead!!

never thought i would see something like this posted. Just people freaking out because he wasn't getting 12 sacks a year & that meant he was a bust.

It's not that. He's legit playing well. He's a perfect complement to the other pass rushers.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea he balling. I'm always leary of guys balling out in a contract year tho.

Makes sense, but in AA's case, he just fits in with what the other pass rushers do. And unfortunately, no one else is doing this. Kind of hard to justify letting him walk.
Like I've been saying for years now

He's always been a good player he just has to be used correctly.

Scouts and coaches get so infatuated with a player's size and strength that they figure he can excel in any position when that's not necessarily the case.

Give Armstead room to extend to be able to use his height strength and Leverage and he will bulrush pretty much any tackle in the league
And after looking at the highlights Armstead was actually in on both turnovers

He created pressure that caused interception bike k'waun Williams

And the force fumble
double A kicking azz and taking names... bye solly
Going to be hard to resign him at this rate.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Going to be hard to resign him at this rate.

They will transition tag him and they will have more than enough space to match

But AA wants to be here. He's a Cali kid. Paarag never disappoints.

Who was it that played along Bryant Young at ND and then also on the Niners? A little bit of history repeating itself with him and Buc.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
JUNIOR BRYANT
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Who was it that played along Bryant Young at ND and then also on the Niners? A little bit of history repeating itself with him and Buc.

I can't remember who played with Bryant Young at Notre Dame but I do know this may be the most potent defensive tackle tandem we've had since Bryant Young and Dana Stubblefield
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
JUNIOR BRYANT - tho he was not drafted and also spent some time in Practice Squad
Wow what a few months will do?! He's potentially our best d-lineman 3 weeks in and we have a stable full. Dude is going to command a salary for sure if he keeps this up.
Share 49ersWebzone