There are 89 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CityKing415:
He's a complete bust. Plays half ass most of the time. Search Arik Armstead highlights on YouTube you'll find nothing.

Dude just not strong , sucks against the run , looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by CityKing415:
He's a complete bust. Plays half ass most of the time. Search Arik Armstead highlights on YouTube you'll find nothing.

Dude just not strong , sucks against the run , looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane

Not for nuthin but typically if your a complete bust and suck hard you don't play. The coaches played Armstead a lot until he went on IR. They must see something most fans here aren't seeing on the film to play him the 2nd most snaps on the line behind DeFo when healthy.
He played all 16 games his rookie year, since then, 8 and 6 games the last 2 years.

Let. Him. Go

Get someone else.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 8, 2018 at 8:52 AM ]
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
AA will push the pocket, push the lineman right into the QB... And keep pushing right past the play. He has no awareness at all. Hes simple jack out there. Bullrushes the s**t out of whoevers in front of him and might luck into a play every now and then. I'd rather trade him if we can get a decent pick rather then hanging on to him and letting him walk for nothing.

These are the only things I worry about--his awareness and hustle. He is strong enough to command a double team on run plays, holds them up at the LOS or pushes them back, but then doesn't follow the play to the ball often enough. Can this be learned? If he works with Buckner and Thomas--both of whom are light years ahead in this regard--he may make progress and become a complete player.
Didn't Saleh indicated that he would like to move Thomas inside eventually next year..? Wouldn't that make AA expendable?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goodthings19:
I don't doubt his ability or potential, I just question wether or not he can stay healthy

i am so tired of thinking we need to hang on to terrible players like him eli and kilgore cuz they supposedly have potential or ability,. and then people think they should be resigned for depth. i am sorry but this team supposedly is trending upward. depending on what the powers to be in the off season,. why would you want people like those three who directly led to some of the bad times we have had around here.
He sucks, but he has a year left? decent rotational guy.
  • KPaul
  • Veteran
The Buckner pick-up the following year makes this bust easier to accept. At least we got one of them right.

Rotational guy at best, hope we make enough acquisitions through FA and draft to cut him.
Originally posted by KPaul:
The Buckner pick-up the following year makes this bust easier to accept. At least we got one of them right.

Rotational guy at best, hope we make enough acquisitions through FA and draft to cut him.

Such a disappointment he got hurt this year. I'm really hoping he either balls out during TC and preseason to show he's ready for an impact year...or we trade this fool for whatever we can get.

He has underachieved his whole career and was a draft pick from a previous regime. His status on the team is tenuous at best.

Originally posted by bzborow1:

He has underachieved his whole career and was a draft pick from a previous regime. His status on the team is tenuous at best.

Was is Kyle, John or Saleh who said he's definitely part of our future?
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 8, 2018 at 10:30 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by bzborow1:

careful,. only the doom squad holds the powers to be accountable trust me,you do not want any part of that!
  • KPaul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

I think it was Lynch who made those comments. He mentioned seeing glimpses and that he was putting it together til he got hurt.

The guy will get another shot and I hope it isn't derailed dt health. I just can't picture him flipping the switch even if he were to stay healthy.
His closest physical comparison is Calais Campbell. Through 30 games Armstead has 50 solo tackles and 6 sacks. Calais Campbell in his first 30 games had... 50 solo tackles and 6 sacks. That said, no idea if he can flip the switch like Campbell did.
Originally posted by theninermind:
His closest physical comparison is Calais Campbell. Through 30 games Armstead has 50 solo tackles and 6 sacks. Calais Campbell in his first 30 games had... 50 solo tackles and 6 sacks. That said, no idea if he can flip the switch like Campbell did.

He better gain 20 pounds then. Campbell is 6'8" 300. Armstead is 280 and I don't think he was ever heavier than 290 since he was drafted.
Share 49ersWebzone