There are 223 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wilk had 35 tackles and 3 sacks his rookie year with over 700 snaps AA had 14 tackles and 2 sacks with 380 snaps...let's see what AA can do when he actually get's some real playing time.

With Chip on board, there is little doubt why AA is already working out. He knows damn well he's going to be close to an every down DE this year and now that he has some experience under his belt, he knows what to prepare for (don't underestimate that). Typically, that leap year is where you see the biggest improvement in a player (not always). I'm curious to see 1) how O'Neil uses him; 2) how much and 3) how much he builds off 2015 especially now that he'll have a full off season under his belt.

Yup it's not like he doesn't know whats ahead...I remember reading something about how Chip told him to be in shape or he'd be red shirt his freshman year so he worked his butt of to play.

It will be interesting to see the development this year.
This dude will be a Pro Bowler next season. BOOK IT
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

No. He will be below average.
I think he is primed to break out this next season! Can't wait to see his development!!!!
Originally posted by pdizo916:

explain why? Not saying his a pro bowler but why would be below average?

He'll be decent, He just won't be Great. Good size speed power but clumsy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

people with hate in their heart do not have to explain
Im a little leery of the low snap count.
  • thl408
From reading his scouting reports out of college, the most alarming critique to me was his inconsistent motor. This can only be seen when he gets around 50 snaps a game, which has not happened since the snaps were distributed to TJE/Purcell/AA when Dorsey went down last season. I'm very interested if this scouting report about his motor is true because eventually he will need to be a starter to justify his draft position.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman
Chip Kelly on said his ex-Oregon recruit Arik Armstead improved during rookie year. 'He's still coming & has huge upside' #49ers

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

He'll be decent, He just won't be Great. Good size speed power but clumsy

We have no clue if he's gonna be great or not...we do know he has all the talent, size, speed, and power to play at a high level as a 3-4 DE. IMO he needs to do a better job of shedding blockers and following the ball, which can be taught.

Most rookies have issues with being strong enough on the DL and he had no issues there. He was getting doubled and is only gonna get better with more snaps and a full off season of training.
Originally posted by thl408:
From reading his scouting reports out of college, the most alarming critique to me was his inconsistent motor. This can only be seen when he gets around 50 snaps a game, which has not happened since the snaps were distributed to TJE/Purcell/AA when Dorsey went down last season. I'm very interested if this scouting report about his motor is true because eventually he will need to be a starter to justify his draft position.

I've seen a few plays where he's not going 100% till the whistle.

Rookies gon' rookie.

This was my biggest worry when they were rumored to be going after him pre-draft, you can have all the size and strength in the world but if you're not going to keep getting after it then it won't matter.

Here's a breakdown of his snap counts and ranking per week. Week 11 he played 48 snaps and his overall ranking didn't go down at all and we can see as the season progressed so did his play which is a good sign

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman
Chip Kelly on said his ex-Oregon recruit Arik Armstead improved during rookie year. 'He's still coming & has huge upside' #49ers

There's plenty of reason for optimism. This kid's jump from year 1 to year 2 could be considerable. And that's coming off of an already strong rookie season.
Share 49ersWebzone