There are 233 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Armstead's max potential is Ray Mcdonald circa 2011....which isn't a bad thing. We need Wilkerson to balance things out. Armstead, Wilkerson, and Williams at the nose will give us a good 3 man front.

I think that Buckner from Oregon is the truth.
Armstead's max potential is Ray Mcdonald circa 2011....which isn't a bad thing. We need Wilkerson to balance things out. Armstead, Wilkerson, and Williams at the nose will give us a good 3 man front.

I think he can be even better than that. He was already able to tie up double blockers this season and I think he can add a lot more strength, adding another 5-10 pounds of muscle to his frame, he could be quite a matchup nightmare.

The potential is there, has been there but like I said when he was drafted, its really up to him to determine how badly he wants it.

Just because he's training doesn't necessarily mean it is productive. Hopefully he is putting everything into it so he can come out a much stronger, more developed player.

Armstead's max potential is way higher than McDonald. His max potential is probably around Wilkerson/Calais Campbell territory but max potential isn't always reached - see Kaepernick.
Originally posted by susweel:
I think that Buckner from Oregon is the truth.

I'd drool at the thought of AA and Buckner on the same line. Buckner is already pretty polished, if AA gets there.. Oh my. On top of that they've already played together in college, so there's instant chemistry.
[ Edited by Mdizzle27 on Feb 24, 2016 at 11:22 AM ]
AA is pure garbage

why are you limiting him to just Ray McDonald 2011. He has a way higher ceiling and he is more of a pass rusher than a lane blocker
It's good to hear that he's actually working out
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Feb 24, 2016 at 1:30 PM ]
Originally posted by CityKing415:

Don't worry he'll be good to go

When Chip recruited AA at Oregon, I remember reading Chip saying he told Armstead that if he didn't want to red shirt, he'd better get into better shape. He did that, and played as a true freshman

AA knows what's up, and what will be expected. Good to hear is is buying in already. If the team leaders do, it will be a great marriage
Originally posted by Baalkethegreat:
AA is pure garbage

good to know

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by CityKing415:

Don't worry he'll be good to go

Damn Parker Lewis Can't lose !
these two lazy f**ks prolly eating pizza between sets.

Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation 16h16 hours ago Marcus Martin, Arik Armstead working out together in San Diego

They are right down the street from me chillin on Mission Bay and Pacific Beach as we speak. I'm here with Baalke too...we've been in draft meetings for 17 straight days though. We've been crushing Mr. Moto pizza!
Originally posted by NCommand:
these two lazy f**ks prolly eating pizza between sets.

Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation 16h16 hours ago Marcus Martin, Arik Armstead working out together in San Diego

They are right down the street from me chillin on Mission Bay and Pacific Beach as we speak. I'm here with Baalke too...we've been in draft meetings for 17 straight days though. We've been crushing Mr. Moto pizza!
impossible, Baalke was spotted at a shake shack in indy
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
impossible, Baalke was spotted at a shake shack in indy

Little hidden secret...we have several look-alikes on staff. That's a must when you're a top 5 GM in this league. The fame is ridiculous. Just look at NT.
Share 49ersWebzone