There are 101 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dmax:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
This dude is awful. Fleeced the 49ers.

We can't just cut him?

The niners will take a massive cap hit for releasing him. Not going to happen in an offseason where the cap is already expected to drop dramatically. We can save 4 mil cutting him in 2022 but our real savings will not come until 2023 where we get 10 mil from releasing him. We're pretty much stuck with him for awhile. Just have to hope he gets his s**t back together next season. That's all we can do.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 13, 2020 at 8:53 PM ]
Damn. Sus was right again.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Some of you are going to give yourselves an ulcer still talking about AA and Buck. They gambled and got burned. It's done. Better hope AA looks like his 2019 self with more time inside next season, then maybe we can trade him then.

With that said, given our injuries Buck would be playing edge too this year.
Its a niner forum. What else are we supposed to talk about?

There's lots of topics. It's one thing to talk about various 49er topics. Talking about AA over Buck is like picking a scab. It will never heal.
his wife, fiance should atleast top off the whole 49ers roster the way he has the 49ers bent over a barrel.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Some of you are going to give yourselves an ulcer still talking about AA and Buck. They gambled and got burned. It's done. Better hope AA looks like his 2019 self with more time inside next season, then maybe we can trade him then.

With that said, given our injuries Buck would be playing edge too this year.
Its a niner forum. What else are we supposed to talk about?

There's lots of topics. It's one thing to talk about various 49er topics. Talking about AA over Buck is like picking a scab. It will never heal.

Most of these people were on board with that decision. smh.
Most over-paid player on our roster. Never back up the armored truck for a guy who only performs in a contract year.
AA has to be a paycut candidate also. Likely next year if he doesn't produce. Didn't we have Carlos Rogers take a cut in pay after just 1 season after he signed his big deal?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
AA has to be a paycut candidate also. Likely next year if he doesn't produce. Didn't we have Carlos Rogers take a cut in pay after just 1 season after he signed his big deal?

His deal is extremely back loaded. I don't see him taking a pay cut after playing this year on the smallest earnings of that deal, not when the big money doesn't hit until 2022. He's also got leverage because the genius's in the FO guaranteed nearly half of his $85 million dollars.
What a disaster. Every time I think about Dee Ford, Weston Richburg and Arik Armstead being the top 3 highest-paid players on this team after Jimmy in 2021, it makes me sick.
Originally posted by Heroism:
What a disaster. Every time I think about Dee Ford, Weston Richburg and Arik Armstead being the top 3 highest-paid players on this team after Jimmy in 2021, it makes me sick.

I just get real sad. It hurts a little bit.

Originally posted by jcs:

His deal is extremely back loaded. I don't see him taking a pay cut after playing this year on the smallest earnings of that deal, not when the big money doesn't hit until 2022. He's also got leverage because the genius's in the FO guaranteed nearly half of his $85 million dollars.

I figured and that's why I said after 2021. If his 2021 mirrors 2020, they have to. Either paycut or be cut. If we have a similarly performing player for far less he won't have much of a choice. No one else is going to offer him nearly as much.
He's the Harrison Barnes of defensive tackles. He's somewhat unreliable but massively overpaid.

No wonder they "could not afford Buckner" (salary cap is a myth) But how this team used its "cap" on these players hurt the team.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
He's the Harrison Barnes of defensive tackles. He's somewhat unreliable but massively overpaid.

No wonder they "could not afford Buckner" (salary cap is a myth) But how this team used its "cap" on these players hurt the team.

They really f**ked up the whole Buckner situation.
Share 49ersWebzone