LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 220 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
no room for him right now. we got the all mighty Dahl as backup.

would you rather have dahl and his poor coverage, but he can run a fake punt and can play special teams,, or do we want to bring back a guy who will cost us 15 yard penalties right and left? tough call but i will side with dahl who maybe will get replaced by a unknown who over achieves in camp
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Will Always remember Dashon's Boldness and Fearlessness. I would welcome Dashon Back with Open Arms..And York's money.
and every time we stop a team on third down, they get a fresh set of downs due to this idiot? you like those days? if you look close he got driven backwards and the runner got about 9 extra yards
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luis1985:
Coaching makes a huge difference. Bigger than most people think here. IMO it be great to have him back. We need leadership and swag that he brings. Also, hoping that the coaching is good enough to cover his weak spots. I doubt it though but we'll see.
we got the leadership back there with our two vet safeties, who do not make drive extending penalties for the other team. when will people ever learn,, these guys were let go for a reason by us and by their current team,, why in the world would we bring them back?:
Originally posted by cciowa:
we got the leadership back there with our two vet safeties, who do not make drive extending penalties for the other team. when will people ever learn,, these guys were let go for a reason by us and by their current team,, why in the world would we bring them back?:

This. Its not like the 49ers have rookies back there. Bethea is an experienced veteran safety and Reid is a very mature, intelligent guy with great awareness.

I liked Goldson but have no desire to see him back, great talent but he did a lot of stupid s**t out on the football field. Whitner was the more cerebral one and the guy who seemingly kept it all together. Goldson left the 49ers and imploded, Whitner left and continued to look like a Pro Bowler.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

Will Always remember Dashon's Boldness and Fearlessness. I would welcome Dashon Back with Open Arms..And York's money.
and every time we stop a team on third down, they get a fresh set of downs due to this idiot? you like those days? if you look close he got driven backwards and the runner got about 9 extra yards

lol this. you don't even have to look close. Lynch steamrolled his ass lol
[ Edited by ElephantHaley on Mar 15, 2015 at 2:12 PM ]
Seattle might sign him as a stop-gap until Earl Thomas heals.
I want Dashon back just so he can wake up Jimmy Graham's @$$! I can't believe people would seriously rather have Dahl over Dashon, a former pro bowler! Him as our 3rd safety playing primarily special teams lighting up people would be AWESOME!
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dompernick53:
I want Dashon back just so he can wake up Jimmy Graham's @$$! I can't believe people would seriously rather have Dahl over Dashon, a former pro bowler! Him as our 3rd safety playing primarily special teams lighting up people would be AWESOME!

1st of all, nobody would take Dahl over Goldson. 2nd, will Goldson come back to be a backup and play special teams and how much are you going to pay him to do that? 3rd, sure he can wake up Jimmy Graham's ass, then get called for a 15 yard penalty.

I loved Goldson when he was here but don't think he's coming back under the circumstances above.
Is he even getting cut?

I loved his hits. Even after a penalty they were playing more cautious. Idiot is extreme, overly aggressive sometimes.

Is there even a Goldson highlight that doesnt involve him flying full speed into someone? Thats his one trick.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Is there even a Goldson highlight that doesnt involve him flying full speed into someone? Thats his one trick.

yes there are... but go ahead and continue to act you like you follow the team.
Dashon is a hammer.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
No thank you.

the penalties erase the positives.
Share 49ersWebzone