There are 214 users in the forums

****** WEEK 12 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD: 11/20 - 11/23 ******

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by FL9er:
Gary Kubiak called a masterful game.

Too mad it's too late to get him. I think it's interesting how John Harbaugh got a good OC and totally switched his system. I wonder if Jim would bring in a true WCO OC.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Part of me is hoping the Ravens hold on to drop the Saints to 4-7. I hope Atlanta or New Orleans wins the division at 6-10.

These 4 team divisions allow for situations like this to unfold. The NFL should do something to prevent this from happening in the future.

Maybe an 8-8 minimum record to make the postseason? If not 3 wildcard teams?

I mentioned it in another thread last week. I think the move from 3 to 4 divisions in 2002 is the root of the problem. A minimum record would an interesting change.

I think switching to two 8 team divisions in each conference is the solution.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Ravens are in last place at 6-4, and Saints are in first place at 4-6.

And the first-place 4-7 Falcons just lost at home to the last-place 7-4 Browns. But this is the system a lot of fans want, and it's more profitable for the NFL, so unlikely to change.
Originally posted by vaden:
Ravens are in last place at 6-4, and Saints are in first place at 4-6.

And the first-place 4-7 Falcons just lost at home to the last-place 7-4 Browns. But this is the system a lot of fans want, and it's more profitable for the NFL, so unlikely to change.

It's the system that works, it's only happened once...that an under 500 team has made it to the playoffs
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I won't bother trying to reason with people who don't care to have a system that rewards the best 12 teams.
I won't bother trying to reason with people who don't care to have a system that rewards the best 12 teams.

i havent seen your system, so i can't say it wouldnt work. But, the current system hasnt failed
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

i havent seen your system, so i can't say it wouldnt work. But, the current system hasnt failed

the current system is failing currently

when a team that is obviously hot garbage gets a playoff berth over a team that is skilled and has played hard and well the entire season, the system has failed

this is happening right now in the nfc south

it happened when the bears and cardinals missed the playoffs at 10 - 6

There has to be a better answer than what we're dealing with right now. The 49ers/lions/seahawks/packers may miss the playoffs while teams with a worse record are seeded. it's horses**t.
Share 49ersWebzone