There are 190 users in the forums

Potential CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Does anyone know if any team needing draft picks has a CB who'd be fit willing to trade a CB for some low round draft picks.

I know Dallas is in a cap bind and needs picks - is Claiborn a consideration?

Also the Raiders need pick. Do they have anyone to consider?

Any other team?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd love to do a trade with the Raiders and grab Gilbert.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 29, 2014 at 10:40 AM ]
Trade for brown. give up a 3rd.
Plus 1.7M signing bonus. ha ha ha.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Trade for brown. give up a 3rd.

lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff

PFF Top 5 Free Agent CBs available: 1) C. Bailey 2) C. Rogers 3) J. Greer 4) J. Wilson 5) D. Patterson #49ers
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff

PFF Top 5 Free Agent CBs available: 1) C. Bailey 2) C. Rogers 3) J. Greer 4) J. Wilson 5) D. Patterson #49ers

carlos rogers might be in red and gold again
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff

I sure hope not but you may be right.provided he comes in at the right price. otherwise we gotta find some other viable option.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

We've already taken the dead money hit for him with the June first designation right? Why pay him again
Claiborne is a young CB and still developing...given Dallas lost a lot on defense, it wouldn't make sense for them to trade him. Not wise to rely on rookies as starters.

Are there any CH heavy teams that would part w/ a quality CB for a mid-round pick?
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Claiborne is a young CB and still developing...given Dallas lost a lot on defense, it wouldn't make sense for them to trade him. Not wise to rely on rookies as starters.

Huh? Claiborne's a 3-year vet.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Huh? Claiborne's a 3-year vet.

Some guys take a little longer to develop. Look at Brock and Brown. Obviously Brown was different because he blew out his knee his rookie year and was a late round pick but still.
Doesn't make sense to keep Claiborne in that tampa 2 scheme under Marinelli. Caliborne isn't a zone corner.
Somehow I thought letting Brown walk was a mistake. When I saw what the raiders paid I was even more let down. Now it almost seems like a blunder. With all the wr talent in the draft and were essentially cornered into two cb picks.
I bet Claiborne would look a heck of a lot better on our D than the cowboys. We have always been able to get away with good but not great corners with the strength of the rest of our D.
Share 49ersWebzone