There are 189 users in the forums

2014 NY Giants making a comeback?

Shop 49ers game tickets
1. Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham would be their top 3. All were injured at some point last season
Nicks didn't even have a TD catch last season despite hauling in 56 passes
Cruz did ok even with Eli at QB
we all know how Manningham did
2. I would rather have runDMC than ANY of their running backs
3. Even if they had some sort of passing/running game, they don't have a line to protect it, Diehl is their best offensive lineman (Eli was sacked 39 times last season... 39 times... as a reference Tannehill had the most at 44)
4. Eli Manning also threw for 18 TDs last season, along with 27 INTs, could be better with a line but come on its Eli

Thats just the offense, the defense
1. Their D-line just lost J. Tuck, good luck replacing that hole
Their best player in my opinion now is Pierre-Paul who probably will have a horrible season now that the pressure is on him
2. Their Linebackers are not consistent at all, they revolve around Beason and play like the raiders more often than not (i'd give the raiders the edge here)
I'm an Oregon Duck fan, and if Paysinger is a starting LB on your team I am running his way 99.9% of the time
3. Upgrading their secondary with DMC is pretty good, I like this move
However, as a duck fan, Walter Thurmond will not pan out, luckily he is on a 1yr deal. He thrived in a system that made him look better than he ever will. Chancellor/Thomas/Sherman opposite you with arguably the best pass rush ever? Bad move on the Giants (Amukamara will likely start over him anyways, another bust here)
4. Their FS is an ex-draft bust barely making it in the NFL (Mundy for the Steelers)
The other is one of the highest paid SS in the leauge right now, obviously isn't living up to that contract of 5yrs 37mil

Also, i know it can be a popularity contest sometimes...

But the one spot they do have working on their team is started by the closest player to be a pro-bowl pick on their team,
and that happens to be the kicker Lawrence Tynes

So you can tell your friend congrats, the closest thing you had to a pro-bowl player was your kicker.
Originally posted by nj9er:
Obviously my handle tells you I also have same idiot Giants fans as friends who still think Eli is elite and would rather have Eli than Peyton. Nfl radio said out of 38 of last draft picks 17 are out of the league 13 are back ups. That leaves 8 starters only one has been to probowl. That roughly 5 drafts. This offseason for them is an act of desperation. Reese and Coughlin are on hot seat and are desperately trying to save jobs. Bringing in all these guy doesn't work can't remember if it ever did. They still have no pass rush so their new corners are gonna struggle. A patchwork OL which means more INts for Eli and no LBs except an aging Beason who is replacing the guy who replaced him in Carolina. They will finish 7 and nine and that's only cause they play redskins and cowboys twice each.
I hate when my friend explains to me why Eli is elite, then I explain to him Osi, JPP, Tuck and Canty were also on the team, then he responds with "I couldn't see them with all the CONFETTI OOOOOHHH!" I really wanted Peyton to win this year so I didn't have to hear that idiotic comparison anymore.

The bright side for the Giants is they still have JPP and play in a division that nobody seems to want to win.
Originally posted by crabman82:
its the nfc LEAST and while philly looks to have improved the reality is that anyone can win it.

/fixed
One question,with all the signings theyve made,who's gonna get to the QB??When they were good,they did that very well,at an elite level.Dont see that happenin for a while........PS,mf the giants
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
One question,with all the signings theyve made,who's gonna get to the QB??When they were good,they did that very well,at an elite level.Dont see that happenin for a while........PS,mf the giants

This.
comeback? these guys might possibly be even worse than last year. i see them fighting the redskins for 4th in nfc-east
They suck and were lucky to get by us in 2011! They've predictably fell off since immediately thereafter
It seems like every team we face in the NFC Championship becomes a loser the following season (and doesn't qualify). First the Giants, then the Falcons, oooh please let the curse continue... mwuahahah.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Mar 22, 2014 at 10:37 PM ]
7-9
I'm always afraid of these guys "getting hot at the right time" and winning that sorry division at 9-7. Three of their four Super Bowl wins have come off of fortunate bounces (Craig's fumble/Norwood's miss, Asante Samuel's dropped INT/Tyree's helmet catch, and Kyle Williams handing them the game/Welker dropping the game clinching 1st down).

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Tom Coughlin look like dying a possum doe
Originally posted by Quest4six:

^Thats why they won't win, the boys have talent also

But I still more rings than Peyton!
we are gonna be bounced in the first round anyways, so who cares
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
we are gonna be bounced in the first round anyways, so who cares

Nice to know we have a Giants fan on board!
Share 49ersWebzone