Shop 49ers game tickets

Who will win Superbowl 49?

The answer is in the question ....49ers
Originally posted by susweel:
seahawks

Very likely.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Who will win SB 49 without the 13th man / without the PEDS = 49ers!
Barthelona
Taking that question seriously, I see a drop off in Sea for sure and I'm hoping we can maintain yet again another strong season by our Niners.

That alone would be key to win the NFC West, and keeping the Hawks on the road in the playoffs would be the biggest key for us to get back.

One thing that is interesting:

Has the AFC been exposed?

Baltimore fell off a bit, and New England while hit with too many injuries might also be in a legitimate decline. The dominant blood in the AFC might still be a year or two away. Teams like Houston or Kansas City could be part of it....Indianapolis as well, but that's mostly based on QB not team.

Carolina will probably be this season's chic SB pick based off of last year.

Should be interesting.
Curious why you see a drop off in Seattle. Do you have a reason or just wishful thinking? I ask because you prefaced it with being serious but didn't give any reasoning why.

Personally I see a reason for the Seahawks to improve on what was already the best and deeepest team in football.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Seahawks gonna win 3 in a row and cap it off at SB 50 in Levi.
Originally posted by 12thfan:
Curious why you see a drop off in Seattle. Do you have a reason or just wishful thinking? I ask because you prefaced it with being serious but didn't give any reasoning why.

Personally I see a reason for the Seahawks to improve on what was already the best and deeepest team in football.

You didn't exactly qualify your statement either.
Originally posted by ECLaloosh:

Drop off = trend lately with SB winners the next season.
EVERY SINGLE TEAM WILL INJURE A SEAHAWK AND THEREFORE...

OREGON

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH & SCIENCE
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Mar 1, 2014 at 6:19 PM ]

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by ECLaloosh:

Drop off = trend lately with SB winners the next season.

Generalizations like that are better left to the media aren't they? Each situation is unique. Second youngest team ever to win the SB and a QB on his rookie contract through at least one more year and a salary cap that's increasing doesn't exactly make it seem like Seattle is going to take a big hit from a personnel standpoint does it?

Only thing that would realistically have any bearing on this is the emergence of a very tough NFCW and a 49er team that, much like Seattle, had the luxury of red shirting most of their draft picks.

Granted, you could have some guys fall into the trap of thinking they can just coast back in there but I doubt it based on the way they're coached and the way they've approached games thus far.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Who will win SB 49 without the 13th man / without the PEDS = 49ers!

You know if the Niners make it to the NFC title game 4 years in a row, Superbowl twice in four seasons, and still don't win the Lombardi. I have a feeling a lot of fans will go bat s**t.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zaghawk:
You know if the Niners make it to the NFC title game 4 years in a row, Superbowl twice in four seasons, and still don't win the Lombardi. I have a feeling a lot of fans will go bat s**t.

What's after ape s**t / bat s**t... cause that has already happened.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
EVERY SINGLE TEAM WILL INJURE A SEAHAWK AND THEREFORE...

OREGON

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH & SCIENCE

the twins are fake doe
If we want to win SB 49, we are gonna have to win the NFC West first. Winning the west and sending Seattle on the road for the entirety of the postseason would be the most ideal situation for us to get back to the NFC title game and the Super Bowl. Also, recent history suggests that Seattle won't even make the playoffs, as the previous two SB winners failed to Return to the playoffs after winning the title.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
All this negativity in the offseason feels like excellent sauce for the goose. We are going to roar through this season and win the WHOLE f**kING THING!
Share 49ersWebzone