Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
http://overthecap.com/feb-10-salary-cap-space-update/

Some key ones.

Cardinals - $9,595,087 UNDER THE CAP
49ers - $5,534,011 UNDER THE CAP
Rams - $617,233 UNDER THE CAP
Seahawks - $543,803 OVER THE CAP

Note: He is using a minimum salary cap limit of $126.3M, but the cap may go as high as $128M when set in March.

There should be some big spenders this offseason once free agency starts. Oakland, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Indiannapolis have tons of money to spend. Lets see if they do anything or still pinch pennies.

They HAVE to spend a certain % of it, so they can't pinch pennies too much.

I still haven't gotten confirmation on the year where they need to spend 89% of the cap. It was rumored for 2013. Now I dont know. Sick of the NFL dickering around. Just raise the damn cap for gods sake.

Agreed.
Originally posted by sfout:
Holy s**t at the Cowgirls being $25 mill OVER the cap!

Even the Saints and Steelers are $12 mill over

Lions $5 mill over

fat ass tony romo contract not looking so hot
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Howlett49:

Lions $5 mill over

fat ass tony romo contract not looking so hot

The problem is that they only have about 5 mega deals they can restructure and a zillion deals less than $2.5 mill in value for 2014. They're going to literally have to cut every big name player/have them restructure and even ask all these guys making next to nothing (relatively speaking of course) to have to restructure to have a chance at staying competitive.

Same with the Steelers.

The Saints have it easy with fools like Will Smith supposed to make something like $12 mill this year, he'll get cut but that means they have to get at another $15 something mill freed up just to franchise Graham and have room for signing their picks lol
good stuff yet again, AB.
One of my fav posters...ever.

I just seen on the NFL Network wire that Miles Austin will be let go from the Cowboys. Dude was a celebrity a couple of years ago...hittin Kim K.. on magazine covers.

Lions $5 mill over

This is yet again what makes Baalke one of the best in the business. Worse case scenario, if we didn't resign any of our free agents, we'd still probably be favorites to win it all, and we'd have enough to resign all of our draft picks.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Lions $5 mill over

This is yet again what makes Baalke one of the best in the business. Worse case scenario, if we didn't resign any of our free agents, we'd still probably be favorites to win it all, and we'd have enough to resign all of our draft picks.

Great thing is we can cut Rogers and save $5.015M, plus Baldwin wont be back at $1.4M

Then Boldin and Dawson are the most likely to be back, I think Whitner leaves for more money. Brown is the wild card.

Wilhoite gets tendered. Plus we could dip into restructures, like Vernon and extend him a few more years. Willis could probably wait a year, but Gore's deal I assume will be assessed this offseason.
Great thing is we can cut Rogers and save $5.015M, plus Baldwin wont be back at $1.4M

Then Boldin and Dawson are the most likely to be back, I think Whitner leaves for more money. Brown is the wild card.

Wilhoite gets tendered. Plus we could dip into restructures, like Vernon and extend him a few more years. Willis could probably wait a year, but Gore's deal I assume will be assessed this offseason.

I'm not real proficient at extension concepts... restructures, I got.. so was wondering if you would put together a year by year look at an extension for VD. Thanks.
I know Aquan Boldin rules but come on hes only played here for 1 yr, pretty dumb to name your profile after him.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
How do they calculate "Adjusted" cap space?
Originally posted by Geeked:

The adjusted cap includes carryovers, and any credits from Incentives not met that were likely to be earned.

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:

The adjusted cap includes carryovers, and any credits from Incentives not met that were likely to be earned.

Thanks,
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Just did a quick look. I'm calling it now, Colts will be the AFC team to beat. They have ~$33M in space, a franchise QB and talent.

Looks like the Broncos just lost their "Window". And in the Broncos case, YES, they had a Window.
Holy s**t Raiders have 60mil in space!!
I'm sure Seadderall will do what's necessary to create enough salary cap room but it still can't be good they're over, albeit barely. (Damn I wish it was 8-10 mil over.)
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I'm sure Seadderall will do what's necessary to create enough salary cap room but it still can't be good they're over, albeit barely. (Damn I wish it was 8-10 mil over.)

Keep in mind they have to work deals out for Sherman and Thomas. Both could (and should) hold out if they don't get new deals. Even more so with Sherman, best corner in the game coming off a Super Bowl win, playing for 1mill?! No way I'd risk that, and he is a fool if he does.
Share 49ersWebzone