LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 299 users in the forums

Taunting could nullify touchdown next season

Shop 49ers game tickets
TO always made the play/TD first and then celebrated...he didn't be a douche cavorting 50 yards and waving like a phaygot like taint
Stupid Seahawks
  • fryet
  • Veteran
The biggest risk of taunting is that it starts a bench-clearing brawl. Still I would prefer ejection to changing the result of the play on the field. Tate's taunt had no effect on the game. 15 yards seems to be the appropriate punishment.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I for one am sick of all the showboating, watching players celebrate every tackle and first down gets old with me. Something needs to be done.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
I for one am sick of all the showboating, watching players celebrate every tackle and first down gets old with me. Something needs to be done.

Has it gotten worse? It seems to me that it has been about the same over the years. Even less, considering that we don't have TO standing on the Dallas star.
Originally posted by BobS:

LOL. There have been way less celebrations compared to the 90's. Minor player celebrations do nothing to slow the flow of the game, penalties however....
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Refs will take away a gamewinning TD by Kap in the Super Bowl after he Kaepernicks because of this....thanks Seattle

Don't think that's how it would work, but that would be ridiculous.
Celebrating is one thing, but the type of taunting Tate did, while the ball was still in play, just like the things Dion, Hanks, Rison, and countless others used to do is too disrespectful, too childish, too flashy and loud for middle aged white men to tolerate. And so it must be eradicated from the game. And since we all know that these young flashy divas that are wide receivers and running backs are too self centered and aloof to care about from where the kicker kicks, it's obvious we've got to penalize their point production, and ultimately their overall reputation as players, by nullifying game-changing (even season-changing) scores because they can't simply do their jobs with humility and grace like the white guys used to. Is this pretty much the gist of it? Sounds like a great product, Rodge...
Originally posted by TheSHOGUNofHarlem:
Celebrating is one thing, but the type of taunting Tate did, while the ball was still in play, just like the things Dion, Hanks, Rison, and countless others used to do is too disrespectful, too childish, too flashy and loud for middle aged white men to tolerate. And so it must be eradicated from the game. And since we all know that these young flashy divas that are wide receivers and running backs are too self centered and aloof to care about from where the kicker kicks, it's obvious we've got to penalize their point production, and ultimately their overall reputation as players, by nullifying game-changing (even season-changing) scores because they can't simply do their jobs with humility and grace like the white guys used to. Is this pretty much the gist of it? Sounds like a great product, Rodge...

feels racist
  • buck
  • Veteran
Unsportsmanlike conduct has been a penalty for years. Taunting is unsportsmanlike conduct.

If the ball is alive, I think it should be enforced from the spot of the foul.

If it is a dead ball foul, fifteen yards from the end of the play. If a touchdown is lost, a touchdown is lost.

option for discussion:

excessive celebration, taunting after TD, etc...... penalty is PAT/2 pt conversion is nullified.
Originally posted by TheSHOGUNofHarlem:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Refs will take away a gamewinning TD by Kap in the Super Bowl after he Kaepernicks because of this....thanks Seattle

Don't think that's how it would work, but that would be ridiculous.

I'm sure there would be a distinction for "during the play" and "after the play" penalties. "After the play" penalties would be applied like this are right now (hopefully), TD is good, penalty on the kickoff.
Remember lynch stopping at the 1 yd line and literally walking into the end zone against us? Taunting ass mofo.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Nov 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM ]
I think if its before the score it should be a penalty but I wouldnt take away the touchdown. leaving it to the refs to determine what is taunting is all bad. they already have too much sway over games as it is. they might determine that an offensive player went straight at a defender instead of trying to avoid him as being taunting or some other b******t and cost a team the game because of their own opinion.
damn white people and their rules. Let the game be......
Share 49ersWebzone