LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 127 users in the forums

Arrowhead is the loudest stadium in the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Is this how you all feel better since they are ahead of you in the division?

I didn't see this underbelly until your Chargers comments today.

Thought you were better than all of this.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I wonder what is candlesticks?

only when we're not on offense
Havent watched a Cheifs game in a while but I remember thinking it was the loudest I'd ever heard back when we played against Montana there. Love my Niners but I always thought it would be nice if they were in a real football town.

Then again I guess that would mean low wages, unemployment, extreme weather....and pretty much the fact that Sundays game was the only thing to look forward to. I guess you'd get pretty into it if that were the case
Originally posted by RedAlice:

LOL, what's up Red. Good to see you're still in the fight.

Who pissed in your cereal this morning Alice? Shouldn't you be in a better mood since you guys destroyed the Texans? Is this how you feel better since we are ahead of you in the standings and beat you in STL?
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Oct 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM ]
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Who pissed in your cereal this morning Alice? Shouldn't you be in a better mood since you guys destroyed the Texans? Is this how you feel better since we are ahead of you in the standings and beat you in STL?

Must have been some serious tastelessness taking place in the Gameday thread. I didn't catch the game or the thread.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

Must have been some serious tastelessness taking place in the Gameday thread. I didn't catch the game or the thread.

What does any of that have to do with Niner fans talking about Seattle's record going down?
As part of the 12th Man. I will say I'm happy for KC with their 6-0 start after a 2 win season. I'm happy they broke the record fair and square. The only thing I consider somewhat of a dick-move, is the fact that they went for the record so soon after we just broke it. I would consider it a courtesy to at least let a team/stadium have it for at least a season (preferably a year), otherwise the records kind of lose its value IMO (it's like having a new UFC HW Champion every other month).

That being said, supposedly Seattle is ELGIBLE to try and go for the record again MNF against the Saints. Considering last time we did it, there were no cues on the big screen saying "current dB xxx.xx, record to beat xxx.xx)" last time, but KC did that for their game. I think we should be allowed to do it this time. The way I see it, they have 10k+ more fans in stadium, we have a stadium designed to make it feel louder. So I'd like to see how we'd do with the on-screen cues to make things fair, if we can't do it. Hats off to them.

If we do decide to wait a season/year before going for the record again, we're adding 10k+ seats near the 12th Man flag, so that could swing things more our favor the next go around.

I think bottomline, the records just says...Arrowhead and the Clink are F'n loud.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
As part of the 12th Man. I will say I'm happy for KC with their 6-0 start after a 2 win season. I'm happy they broke the record fair and square. The only thing I consider somewhat of a dick-move, is the fact that they went for the record so soon after we just broke it. I would consider it a courtesy to at least let a team/stadium have it for at least a season (preferably a year), otherwise the records kind of lose its value IMO (it's like having a new UFC HW Champion every other month).

That being said, supposedly Seattle is ELGIBLE to try and go for the record again MNF against the Saints. Considering last time we did it, there were no cues on the big screen saying "current dB xxx.xx, record to beat xxx.xx)" last time, but KC did that for their game. I think we should be allowed to do it this time. The way I see it, they have 10k+ more fans in stadium, we have a stadium designed to make it feel louder. So I'd like to see how we'd do with the on-screen cues to make things fair, if we can't do it. Hats off to them.

If we do decide to wait a season/year before going for the record again, we're adding 10k+ seats near the 12th Man flag, so that could swing things more our favor the next go around.

I think bottomline, the records just says...Arrowhead and the Clink are F'n loud.

I actually try to give an thoughtful post, and this is the response? Here I'll give you all the one Seahawk comment you all want:

Aww we lost our record, we didn't deserve it anyway. Are stadium gives us an unfair advantage and that's the only reason we win any games period. We have nothing in our trophy case now. We're all scum and we should just go crying while drinking s**tty starbucks coffee while getting fish thrown at us.

I actually try to give an thoughtful post, and this is the response? Here I'll give you all the one Seahawk comment you all want:

Aww we lost our record, we didn't deserve it anyway. Are stadium gives us an unfair advantage and that's the only reason we win any games period. We have nothing in our trophy case now. We're all scum and we should just go crying while drinking s**tty starbucks coffee while getting fish thrown at us.

One man's "thoughful" is another man's "Hawkscuses".
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Oct 15, 2013 at 12:52 PM ]

KC and Seattle dueling over who has the loudest stadium. I guess that's what teams who have a combined one super bowl win do.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I wonder what is candlesticks?

only when we're not on offense

Our decibel levels are between 110 and 120 on offense or when an opposing player is injured.
  • 5FDP
  • Veteran
Hmmm.... loudest stadium vs championship. I know which one I would prefer
Share 49ersWebzone