LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Two Knuckleheads I'd like to see us trade for

Shop 49ers game tickets
Josh Freeman threw for over 4000 yards last year, along with 27 touchdown passes and 17 interceptions. He has a big time arm and would be head and shoulders over anyone on the roster. He may not have handled the current demotion very well but his coach does not appear to be the accommodating type. Harbaugh would work wonders with him and he would be valuable insurance.
I'd do a Manningham for Britt straight up. Pretty much when manningham is healthy again he'll be a decent reliable wideout in exchange for a wideout with all the skill sets but is a liability.

You take the good with the bad, we need play makers!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
I'd do a Manningham for Britt straight up. Pretty much when manningham is healthy again he'll be a decent reliable wideout in exchange for a wideout with all the skill sets but is a liability.

You take the good with the bad, we need play makers!

Britt is a potato tho.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
You all might have a very good point about Freeman's contract.

But everyone saying that we don't need a WR, or that Baldwin is just as good, are flat out crazy. There is no way of knowing when Manning and Crabtree will play. And until they are back and playing well, we will have a serious need at WR. I like Baldwin, but we need more than that.

you fail to consider how long it would take for Britt to learn the playbook, routes and timing with Colin. but the time that happens, Ham will most likely be ready to play.
Fair point. But I don't think you're factoring that 'Ham might be "ready to play" but still not physically back to his original speed. And that even if he were, he alone is not enough to fix our broken WR depth.

Sure, Britt might take a while. But we need to give roster spots to guys that are capable of making big plays, and have the potential to become starter level players. In other words, guys like Britt, not guys like Moore or Williams.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

But everyone saying that we don't need a WR, or that Baldwin is just as good, are flat out crazy. There is no way of knowing when Manning and Crabtree will play. And until they are back and playing well, we will have a serious need at WR. I like Baldwin, but we need more than that.

you fail to consider how long it would take for Britt to learn the playbook, routes and timing with Colin. but the time that happens, Ham will most likely be ready to play.

I like Britt or Gordon, both have size and speed and can stretch the field for the deep ball. Don't worry about the playbook, you don't need to know the entire 785 pages before you can play.

Besides, Mario is an entirely different kind of receiver. He is more of a slot guy plus he lacks the size. We have seen in the past few games when our WRs suffered from getting off the line and being pressed, it was Baldwin who could handle it cos he is 6'4" and 230 lbs.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Kenny Britt f**king sucks.
Britt is a good idea he's still 25 and has the hands to catch CKs 60mph balls. Britt has not had a QB or a good coaching staff and he can come cheap
I admit, both of these guys are flawed, and pretty low IQ players.

But they are also talented, barely used, potentially useful for us, and available via trades that shouldn't be expensive.

The first guy is Kenny Britt. The guy has all the talent and physical gifts you want in a WR, but not the brain you want in an employee. Still, I think it's worth giving it a shot. We still need WRs desperately. And Britt has the speed and size that defenses have to respect.

The second guy is Josh Freeman. I'm not saying I want him as a starter, but he seems like a great back up for Kap. He has a similar skill set, but was just ruined by their current head coach. I still think he could win games for us if something ever happened to Kap.

Seems like we could give up mid to late round picks for these guys. And I think we'd be better for it.

Sorry but I strongly disagree. Britt demands no respect. Who does that is a knucklehead............... Mr Josh Gordon. he is a beast. he'd be the perfect WR in our system
Originally posted by wailers15:
Sorry but I strongly disagree. Britt demands no respect. Who does that is a knucklehead............... Mr Josh Gordon. he is a beast. he'd be the perfect WR in our system

it's easy to say I want the better one but they'd want our first at the least for him we might be able to get britt for a 5th
Britt is a beast, you guys were getting hyped up about Baldwin but refuse to even consider britts talent?
Yeah he is a headcase, but what if he can pull it together with a new change of scenery and coaching staff? He's a top talent in this league that is just wasting away.

Josh Freeman will be a free agent next year. No GM will want to trade for him without getting him to sign a contract extension first. I don't think Freeman will accept any lowball offer. It is also difficult to believe that any team would want to put together a nice pay package without a trial period. The likelihood that no team will trade for Freeman is very high.
Originally posted by SFrush:
We don't have enough cap space to take Freeman's contract. I think AB81 can confirm.

This. And no one on the roster will make salary cap room for a backup QB.

As for Britt, he will be traded or cut by deadline. He is a headcase. I dont know If I want him here. Hpefully if he or Gordon were here, Boldin would take him under his wing, and get their ass(whoever it be) in line.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I'll take Britt

This but I don't want Freeman's potato head on our team
Originally posted by Rascal:

I like Britt or Gordon, both have size and speed and can stretch the field for the deep ball. Don't worry about the playbook, you don't need to know the entire 785 pages before you can play.

Besides, Mario is an entirely different kind of receiver. He is more of a slot guy plus he lacks the size. We have seen in the past few games when our WRs suffered from getting off the line and being pressed, it was Baldwin who could handle it cos he is 6'4" and 230 lbs.

Manningham has always been more of an outside WR.
Yeah, pass. Britt is so dumb he should be required to wear a helmet on and off the field. Freeman is expensive and a locker room cancer. There have been countless stories about what an all-around dick head he is.........has been regularly described as "entitled", the last guy you want on your team.
Share 49ersWebzone