LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
A lot of you sure are the grass is greener types... Crabtree was healthy when the Giants played hard man press on the WRs and shut down the offense in the NFCC and Crabtree was healthy last year in Seattle when they played hard man press and blew the 49ers out.
I say franchise him and pay him if he can string two seasons like last year together, if not.. well, we'll just have to see when we get there.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
The same front office that drafted Aldon Smith, Navorro Bowman, Mike Iupati, Kendall Hunter, Anthony Davis, Eric Reid, Bruce Miller, Kaep, got a second a potentially another second round pick for Alex Smith, drafted Chris Culliver,...I mean I could go on.

What front office has honestly done a better job since 2010? No one hits on every pick. Granted receiver is a major priority now. However aside one of the reasons we can afford to go after receiver early and often in the 2014 draft is because they have done a solid job of shoring up the other positions.

Also, for all of the front offices failures at getting a wide receiver, how come no one mentions the Mario Manningham FA signing? He isn't an elite receiver, but he certainly did a good job last year before getting hurt and IMO can be a good number 2 or 3 in this system.
You didn't even mention trading a 6th for boldin. That was a great trade!
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I say franchise him and pay him if he can string two seasons like last year together, if not.. well, we'll just have to see when we get there.

Woah Woah... do you have any idea what the franchise tag is for WRs? I think it is around 10 million dollars because of Megatron's contract.. oh, and Fitz's too.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
A lot of you sure are the grass is greener types... Crabtree was healthy when the Giants played hard man press on the WRs and shut down the offense in the NFCC and Crabtree was healthy last year in Seattle when they played hard man press and blew the 49ers out.

NFCC Game in 2011'? You gotta remember it was AS at QB, Look at the playoff run vs GB,Atlanta and then the SB. Crabs was Huge and one of the Main reasons this offense really took off.
Whatever happens, I want MC Hammer to be part of the negotiations.
Can you guys imagine Crabs in the slot with Manningham opposite Boldin and Davis and McDonald at TE !

OMG I hope Crabtree and Ham can get healthy and our team all together come December. It would be an unstoppable force that would truly be sweet to see if running on all cylinders. There are so many options for Roman and our playbook is very immence. Many options out of the same formations. I think with Hunter looking good with his health, it bodes well for Crab's outlook. He knows he can be great in this league if hes all in for the rehab.

Wow, we got a sick freaking squad guys.
"We're waiting for you Crabtree, please get well soon!"
Crabtree runs excellent routes and gets separation...we need him back and re-sign him. Also like to see Manningham stick around. Another good route-runner who's got good quicks. I'm excited about Baldwin...dude's got enormous potential and I think he can become a very good receiver. Patton will make his mark once he gets healthy. I think the future of our WR corps is good and could be very good w/Crabtree.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

NFCC Game in 2011'? You gotta remember it was AS at QB, Look at the playoff run vs GB,Atlanta and then the SB. Crabs was Huge and one of the Main reasons this offense really took off.

Yes, Alex at QB who wouldn't throw to anyone unless it was 100% guaranteed a reception... but Crabtree still couldn't get separation from the Giants CBs that game and he didn't get any last year in Seattle either. I'm not trashing Crabtree, ok? I'm just saying that he isn't able to beat the CBs when the NFL throws the rulebook out either. So to me, in my opinion, Crabtree won't help in Seattle when the officials are too scared to throw PI or defensive holding on the Seahawks.
Should Crabtree receive Megatron, AJ Green, Julio Jones money? Is he in that class? These three have shown they can get deep. He needs one more year performance wise to be in that class. If they sign him now there may be a reduction. Coming back after a serious injury changes the mindset of the player, especially with the money on the table. I'm all for signing him but I'rather see long term success and that means financial restraints.

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Yes, Alex at QB who wouldn't throw to anyone unless it was 100% guaranteed a reception... but Crabtree still couldn't get separation from the Giants CBs that game and he didn't get any last year in Seattle either. I'm not trashing Crabtree, ok? I'm just saying that he isn't able to beat the CBs when the NFL throws the rulebook out either. So to me, in my opinion, Crabtree won't help in Seattle when the officials are too scared to throw PI or defensive holding on the Seahawks.

Lolwut?
Ludicrist. I say no, he has been injury prone since the day he was drafted. Maybe he is so explosive that his achilles and ankles, and feet keep getting injured, who knows. All I know is when teams overpay WR's, they often get outperformed by lower priced receivers year after year.

I would rather pay boldin for the next three years, he always seems to be on the field.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Should Crabtree receive Megatron, AJ Green, Julio Jones money? Is he in that class? These three have shown they can get deep. He needs one more year performance wise to be in that class. If they sign him now there may be a reduction. Coming back after a serious injury changes the mindset of the player, especially with the money on the table. I'm all for signing him but I'rather see long term success and that means financial restraints.

Crabtree is not in their class.

Megatron signed an 8-year, $150 mil extension. No way Crab gets that kind of money, even on the open market.

AJ and Julio haven't signed their extensions yet. I don't think they'll get Megatron money, but they'll get a lot more than Crabtree.

I think Crabtree will get a deal somewhere in between what Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace got. 5 years, $45 - 60 mil. That's just speculation on my part.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 27, 2013 at 7:03 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Crabtree is not in their class.

Megatron signed an 8-year, $150 mil extension. No way Crab gets that kind of money, even on the open market.

AJ and Julio haven't signed their extensions yet. I don't think they'll get Megatron money, but they'll get a lot more than Crabtree.

I think Crabtree will get a deal somewhere in between what Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace got. 5 years, $45 - 60 mil. That's just speculation on my part.

I agree. But our trouble with Crabs is he really thinks he is that awesome. He held out before I'm sure he would jump all over free agency.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
go make him a sammich, right now!
Share 49ersWebzone