There are 139 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Imo we would have done better with any other WR 1 on another team. Go back and watch he dropped so many passes.

You must have been watching the 2014 season. Crab was awful that year. Vernon may have been worse.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Not Crabs fault we billed him as a 1 and he's a 2. He's had a decent career. I look forward to Sherm/Crabs fun this year. I never liked Crabs since the holdout. Who the eff holds out because he felt like he should have been drafted higher and wants the same pay as the guy who got drafted where the player felt they should have gone? Was happy as hell when we drafted him, but those good feelings quickly turned sour and have pretty much never left.

I think he was just quick/fast enough to be a number 1, but we only got to see it for 10 games before he popped his achilles. He's never been able to get open as consistently since that happened. The QBs we had before Kap wasted pre achilles tear Crab. Still pisses me off we only got to see prime Crabs for 10 games.
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Me too. Dude had solid hands and almost caught everything thrown his way.

It's a shame Greg Roman and Harbs were too idiotic to hand the ball to Gore just one time. That will be Harbs legacy as a Niner. Only coach to lose a Superbowl.

And yet, folks wanna whine about Seattle throwing the ball on 2nd down...

Thats his legacy if you're sour over something. His real legacy is making it to the NFCCG 3 times in just 4 years of coaching without a #1 WR or franchise QB. I can't name another coach that can pull that off.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

It's a shame Greg Roman and Harbs were too idiotic to hand the ball to Gore just one time. That will be Harbs legacy as a Niner. Only coach to lose a Superbowl.

Thats his legacy if you're sour over something. His real legacy is making it to the NFCCG 3 times in just 4 years of coaching without a #1 WR or franchise QB. I can't name another coach that can pull that off.

^ This. It's unbelievable how much people discredit Harbaugh. Where was this team before him? Where has it been after him?

Keep in mind the NFCCG run in 2011 was his rookie season, with a good for nothing alex smith during a LOCKED OUT offseason. Guy had no time to prepare and was a KW fumble away from the super bowl. And I bet SF woulda won that one in 2011, that team had the "It" factor; way more so than the team that went to the SB the next year.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Crabby and Shermaphrodite...

Get a room already
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
^ This. It's unbelievable how much people discredit Harbaugh. Where was this team before him? Where has it been after him?

Keep in mind the NFCCG run in 2011 was his rookie season, with a good for nothing alex smith during a LOCKED OUT offseason. Guy had no time to prepare and was a KW fumble away from the super bowl. And I bet SF woulda won that one in 2011, that team had the "It" factor; way more so than the team that went to the SB the next year.

He was a Ted Ginn injury (forced KW in), 2 KW fumbles, an all time bad forward progress call, and a Terrelle Brown injury (they scored their only 2nd half TD on UDFA Brock, off a KW muff) away from the SB.

As touted as that Giants defense that gave Brady fits was, ours was better, so I definitely think we take that SB. We lost the it factor in 2012 the minute the Smith's were slowed down from injuries, but of course that's the only time our offense was really rolling lol.

The 2012 team would have curb stomped their way to a SB if the defense was healthy. Bad luck every season.

He did have a franchise QB, his name was Colin Kaepernick

....at least that's what he believed
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Aug 22, 2019 at 10:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

Yeah, bad choice. Would have rather rolled with Alex for another year or two, and drafted another project QB.
Sherm said he doesn't give a damn Crabtree is back in the division LOL. It's so weird he's now a Niner who could possibly be defending Crab, a Tard. That is if he even makes the team. (He probably won't since he's basically a worse version of Larry Fitzgerald.)
[ Edited by ninerjok on Aug 23, 2019 at 4:59 AM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

You've got to roll with the guy you chose, especially if he outplays the other hopeless QB like Kap did in 2012.

If you look at the 2011 draft, Harbaugh didn't make a bad choice. Dalton and Cam have higher volume numbers because they threw more, but as far as per throw stats go (efficiency, td%, int%, YPA, etc.) Kap is right there or better than Cam and Dalton.

You can argue Kap was better than Cam and Dalton in 2014, so Baalke would have fired Harbs no matter who the QB was.

If Cam/Dalton had a GM that was eager to fire their coach for no reason, hire their Dline coach, and sink their overall roster to the very bottom of the league, they would have had more down years too.

Originally posted by Debryune:
Yeah, bad choice. Would have rather rolled with Alex for another year or two, and drafted another project QB.

If we rolled with Alex and shipped Kap to KC, we would be kicking ourselves even harder. I think Alex would have struggled really, really badly. We already know he struggled with Crab, but then we had guy's like KW, Marlon Moore, etc. Even Boldin is a terrible fit with Alex, as he doesn't get the college like separation Alex needs.

On the other hand, KC would probably have a SB if they got Kap instead of Alex. Consider Kap outplaying Alex in 2016. Alex was throwing to Hill, Maclin, and Kelce in his 4th year of Andy Reid. Kap was throwing to Kerley, Harper, Bell, coming off surgeries, and in Chip Kelly offense. There's no excuse for Alex there.

Then you realize Kaps 2016 was better than Alex in 2018 too (both played about 10 games), and you really have to wonder if Alex would have crashed and burned harder than Kap had he stayed with the 49ers and Baalke.
Cardinals release Michael Crabtree.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Cardinals release Michael Crabtree.

wow, doubt he plays again. He made enough money through his career he does not need to really.
I'm of the belief that we win that Superbowl against the Ravens if Alex plays. However, we probably don't reach it. lol. Smith was doing great up until the NFL concussion rules gave Kap his big shot at the starting job. You guys still hate Smith way too much. I'll always have him in my own personal 49er HOF.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

I think the 2012 team had it, but wore down towards the end of the season (Aldon and Justin were both hurt). By the time we got to December, it was basically Kap carrying the team. Bogus play calls and a slow start doomed that team.

The 2011 team would've scored enough to beat NE, but it would've been like a 17-10 or 12-10 type of game.
Share 49ersWebzone