LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Niners on Mike and Mike in the morning!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Greeny had us at 8-8 and Golic had us at 6-10!!!! Pretty good outlook I would say. Then they went into the discussion about would you tank the season to get Andrew Luck? Here we go....
sux, i'd rather go 2-14 than 6-12.
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
Greeny had us at 8-8 and Golic had us at 6-10!!!! Pretty good outlook I would say. Then they went into the discussion about would you tank the season to get Andrew Luck? Here we go....

I must have missed that part because I don't recall them discussing tanking the season for Luck. But thanks for starting up that ridiculous conspiracy theory that will never happen.
They also talked about.. of course Alex and went on to say Peyton Manning would have not succeeded if he had been drafted to us with all of the OC's that we have had, but if we had Peyton there would be no need to change OC's in the first place!! LOL
Not pointing out just us to tank!!!! He said would you?
Originally posted by Hollywood:
I must have missed that part because I don't recall them discussing tanking the season for Luck. But thanks for starting up that ridiculous conspiracy theory that will never happen.
there's no doubt that Alex was/is a victim of circumstance, but there comes a time when you have to just move on. Both for his sake and ours. And that time was 3 years ago.
Greenly picked us to go the super bowl last year lol..

They talked about it multiple times. Not surprisingly, Greeny (from a "fan's" perspective) thought we, or any team, should be willing to throw away one season to potentially get a franchise QB. Golic, from a player's perspective, said he would never root for his team, as a player or a fan, to lose, regardless of the situation.

The real question raised IMO though, was that both basically said they can't buy into the Niners with Alex as the QB. He has proven (to them) that he will never be an elite QB and that the franchise needs someone else to bridge the gap from now to CK if we want to win in the meantime.

Given that assertion, do you think there was a better option available this year? I don't think anyone would argue that we would have liked to upgrade at QB, but now that we are post draft, post FA (mostly) and 1 pre-season game in, was there a better option?

Is there someone you think was worth drafting at 7?

Would you trade a 1st round pick or 2nd round pick and a good player for Kolb?

Would any of the FA QBs (Hasselbeck, McNabb, VY, etc..) have made an impact on this team?

Obviously if we could get a great QB, we should do it. But was there someone better than Alex available and worth the draft pick, trade assets, contract or whatever it would take to get them?

Or regardless of need, was this just not the year to get a QB given the market?
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

They talked about it multiple times. Not surprisingly, Greeny (from a "fan's" perspective) thought we, or any team, should be willing to throw away one season to potentially get a franchise QB. Golic, from a player's perspective, said he would never root for his team, as a player or a fan, to lose, regardless of the situation.

The real question raised IMO though, was that both basically said they can't buy into the Niners with Alex as the QB. He has proven (to them) that he will never be an elite QB and that the franchise needs someone else to bridge the gap from now to CK if we want to win in the meantime.

Given that assertion, do you think there was a better option available this year? I don't think anyone would argue that we would have liked to upgrade at QB, but now that we are post draft, post FA (mostly) and 1 pre-season game in, was there a better option?

Is there someone you think was worth drafting at 7?

Would you trade a 1st round pick or 2nd round pick and a good player for Kolb?

Would any of the FA QBs (Hasselbeck, McNabb, VY, etc..) have made an impact on this team?

Obviously if we could get a great QB, we should do it. But was there someone better than Alex available and worth the draft pick, trade assets, contract or whatever it would take to get them?

Or regardless of need, was this just not the year to get a QB given the market?

Harbaugh didn't think that there was a QB available worth the number 7 pick. QB evaluation is a big reason he was brought it, so I trust his decision on that one for now.

Dealing for Kolb would have meant a drastically different draft scenario. If we're talking about trying to trade for him after the draft, then no. His presence would have made Kaepernick's drafting unnecessary. If we hadn't taken a QB high in the draft, or we traded picks from this year's draft, then maybe. However, my understanding is that Philly really wanted a player back, and I'm not sure we have one that they're looking for.

Hasselbeck would have been interesting as a bridge to Kaepernick. After the performance the other night, though, I'm left wondering if we'd be talking about an injured Hasselbeck and a starting Kaepernick right now. Any one of those hits Alex took would have been disastrous to Harbaugh, especially that blind side shot on the roll out.
I never listen to there take on teams....its just so generic.. I get better news from here than espn..

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
sux, i'd rather go 2-14 than 6-12.

I'd be willing to bet we don't go 6-12.
Mike and Mike is the worst show ever
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I never listen to there take on teams....its just so generic.. I get better news from here than espn..

Exactly I know there just doing there "job" but they have really strong unimformed oppinions.. Greeny was wondering out loud why didnt we go after Hassleback or Young. The reason is kind of other obvious cicumstance (lock out) and Harbaugh needed someone to install his playbook. Why would he bring in a Hassleback or VY when you could possibly get the same results out of smith? You have to figure they would give smith one more year under a proven qb teacher. with smith the best case is it works out and you have a quality qb whose still only 27. Worst case is it doesnt and you get a high pick in next years draft not necessarily for Luck but to fill out some of the other holes on the team WR CB.while seeing what you have at other positions. To me its a win win and after all these years whats another year or 2 gonna hurt for the big picture down the line. And honestly other than Gore this team is still very young.
They also talked about.. of course Alex and went on to say Peyton Manning would have not succeeded if he had been drafted to us with all of the OC's that we have had, but if we had Peyton there would be no need to change OC's in the first place!! LOL

mccarthy took HC job thats one who wouldve left
norv left for HC job thats 2 that left

already 3 in 3 years
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Aug 16, 2011 at 8:12 AM ]
Originally posted by walker807:
Mike and Mike is the worst show ever

on tv as well as radio
Share 49ersWebzone