There are 225 users in the forums

Haralson....

Shop 49ers game tickets
No way we get a 3rd rd comp pick for Haralson, he won't receive a contract that averages what it takes to get a 3rd,. I would say 6-7 rd pick.

Haralson is average, he took a pay cut, and he hasn't been the same since he signed the extension. He isn't a sack force. Just trade him, save the $1.15M
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I was pissed when I heard the news earlier this morning. But his value is pretty high right now. Haralson is better than Aldon, and most LBs in this league, against the run...and Haralson can rush the passer.

I think after Denver lost Drumerville to the Ravens with that contract mistake, and lost Von Miller for the half of the season... they would be on the top of the list of teams asking about him.

the reason I think the 9ers would want to do it now is because Parys is obviously on the last year of his contract...and he will get paid much much more going to different team...so I don't we will resign him. SO if you are going to lose him anyway, and you have this young draft pick that has showed potential who will for sure be on this team....well then you want this draft pick to get as much reps as possible through out the season and practice.

slippery slope though...if we are trying to win a SuperBowl this year should we take that chance? Will a 4th round pick be worth it? (I don't think a team will give more, even though imo he is worth it)

its tough, but I'd like for us to keep him...and worry about the draft later...there is a point where you have make an exception on the penny pinching.

Are we talking about the same Parys Haralson????

I don't think anyone would question that Parys was one of our best, when it came to holding the edge and stopping the run.....and that he can rush the passer, not as good as Aldon and Brooks, but he is good as well.

And yes I think Denver would love to get a proven OLB, because of their current situation.

as far as his worth... That is just me. I'd give him up for a 3rd round pick sure....but 4th round or 5th, etc? I just feel it would be more important for our SuperBowl run for us to be stacked depth wise...especially with a proven vet like Parys....this is not a journey man LB, he can be starting and playing well for another team imo.

Luv Parys, but he's just average, and that's before taking last year off. When he was at his best, he only averaged around 26 solo tackles per year (2007-2011) and a little over 4 sacks per year, bumped up mostly by 2008 when he had 8 sacks. Since then, he's barely averaged over 3 sacks per year. That's Tully Banta-Cain territory.

Like I've said many times in this thread, I'm not saying PH is useless, because he's not. I'm saying for us specifically, he's very average and has been for quite some time now...which makes him very replaceable. Might some other team want him? Probably...but those numbers are very average to start with, and that was before the injury that kept him out an entire season. So how valuable is a nearly 30 year-old, average-producing OLB coming off a yearlong injury layoff with 1 year left on his restructured deal?

I'd say maybe a 7th rounder and pray for a 6th?

Certainly not a 3rd thats for sure. I agree that 6th or 7th would be about it.

Why would you do that? If he leaves via free agency and starts, we get a 3rd. 3rd round is the worst pick I'd give up for him.

You really think someone is going to give Parys a free agent contract next year worth the equivalent of a 3rd round comp pick? Come on bro....

Depending on how much he shines, and his best bet is to come on strong early on in the season because Lemonier will probably see more snaps as the year goes on, but he'll probably net a similar pick as to what we'd get trading him. So it's either a draft pick in 2014 or one in 2015. Either way, one is coming for Parys Haralson.

BTW, what did Adam Snyder net us for his one and done year in Arizona?

Snyder signed a 5 year deal...that's not happening for Haralson.
Sad seeing Haralson get shopped.

Now I know why the stuff kept him in vs the oppositions 2s and 3s. Sad to see the guys that were drafted and stayed with the team for years go, but cant wait to see the up and coming players perform.
He's a solid back up and could start on some teams. If we're making a SB run, I would love to keep him. But if someone is willing to cough up a high 3rd round pick or a low 2nd, it's going to be tough to pass up.
Originally posted by ninergold:
He's a solid back up and could start on some teams. If we're making a SB run, I would love to keep him. But if someone is willing to cough up a high 3rd round pick or a low 2nd, it's going to be tough to pass up.

We will be lucky to get a 6th.
Originally posted by ninergold:

Tough? Serious!!!!
His trade value will go up depending on injuries to other teams.

I think the Saints have been hard hit by injuries to their D - BUT if we do trade him I'd prefer it be an AFL team like the Jets.

IMO, it'll be the Raiders or Jets w/the worst record in football.
Lets ship him off to the Chiefs for a good draft pick! Lmao
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:

Don't bet against it...........................
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
they are fools if they do this. one of the kids they hope will play got hurt and i am not sold on him. so that leaves you with skuta and mr lemon if you get rid of haralson. you would think the team learned something from last year when two guys got hurt and we had to sign higgins/huggins, whoever the f**k he was. they are fools if they do this

• Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:

Or maybe we could package Rogers and get flowers and berry

Or send em jewel for Charles
Not a fan of this news...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Not a fan of this news...

agree.. if you get rid of him, and then aldon and brooks get hurt like they did last year, who exactly would you put in there? ok you got lemon and he looks good in two pre season games. wow thats a pretty big gamble. they are fools if they get rid of him in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
they are fools if they do this. one of the kids they hope will play got hurt and i am not sold on him. so that leaves you with skuta and mr lemon if you get rid of haralson. you would think the team learned something from last year when two guys got hurt and we had to sign higgins/huggins, whoever the f**k he was. they are fools if they do this

Niners are shopping him, but may not get any takers. Let's see what kind of value Haralson can bring back. If it's not worthwhile, then we got excited for nothing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Niners are shopping him, but may not get any takers. Let's see what kind of value Haralson can bring back. If it's not worthwhile, then we got excited for nothing.
your last four words is what i do best that being said, they are fools as i do not want to pin my hopes on a rookie and skuta as my backups. i like them, they have done a nice job in pre season but that is a pretty big risk that could blow up in your face , we saw what happened last year, you would think the team would learn.
Share 49ersWebzone