LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 184 users in the forums

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
u don't get suspended from the NFL for a DUI.

this..
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Lynch is not a slick b*****d as someone mentioned on here previously. His lawyers are. Just continually amazed at how lucky the Seacawks are at everything.

I said it because he and his lawyers played the situation perfectly. He played won the chip and will get a slap on the wrist. I'm fine with it because it ain't my life it's his! I just don't want hypocrites from the other side telling me how evil Aldon is all of a sudden and how he should miss time when he voluntarily sought help for his abuse while missing valuable game time in season. Has Lynch done anything of the sort?? At any rate I hope both Aldon and Lynch don't kill anyone and have to face Delanie!
Originally posted by zaghawk:
You really want a potential win against the Hawks in a game where we would be missing our star RB and would constantly point to it as an excuse for a loss. There's no joy in wins (if it's a close game) when a star player is missing on the other end. Blowout wins, can be debated that even if that guy was in, it wouldn't have mattered. i.e. If the Seahawks barely beat the Broncos in the SB this year, people would have been crying about Von Miller missing. If the Hawks barely beat San Fran in week 2, people could have pointed to Crabtree as the only reason for the loss. Just saying.
A win is a win. Playoff seeding isn't determined by whether or not we beat the Seahawks with Lynch active.
Originally posted by speedster:
If he didn't get convicted of a DUI how can the NFL suspend him?

He is just getting lucky somehow, he'll get his. It's a matter of time, play with fire enough, you're eventually going to get burned.

He won the Super Bowl
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
u don't get suspended from the NFL for a DUI.

this..

You do when the NFL has already suspended you under their gestapo personal conduct policy. Key part... already suspended. Aldon's first DUI was ignored because it was his first bad publicity for the league. But, Lynch was such a troublemaker in Buffalo that they traded him and the NFL suspended him. He has a track record. Which means this DUI is his latest thing and if it goes unpunished it will likely lead to another embarrassing arrest for the NFL.

His lawyers did a great job of delaying a judgment... even fantastic since it helped him be a big part of their Super Bowl run. Except, they can't delay forever and eventually it will go to trial. He will get convicted and he will get the 2nd stage punishment for the NFL personal conduct policy. Which is probably going to be 6-8 games since his previous suspension was 3 games out of the 2-4 window.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
You really want a potential win against the Hawks in a game where we would be missing our star RB and would constantly point to it as an excuse for a loss. There's no joy in wins (if it's a close game) when a star player is missing on the other end. Blowout wins, can be debated that even if that guy was in, it wouldn't have mattered. i.e. If the Seahawks barely beat the Broncos in the SB this year, people would have been crying about Von Miller missing. If the Hawks barely beat San Fran in week 2, people could have pointed to Crabtree as the only reason for the loss. Just saying.
A win is a win. Playoff seeding isn't determined by whether or not we beat the Seahawks with Lynch active.

That's pathetic, and you should be ashamed of yourself as a Niner fan. Hell I have more faith in your team than you do that the Niners are fully capable of beating the Hawks even with Lynch, but to hope hes gone due to suspension for a win...That's almost as bad as hoping someone key will be injured. Piss poor (insert Richard Sherman/ Brandon Browner/PEDHawk joke here). I'm sure others here would actually agree with me.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Feb 21, 2014 at 11:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
LMAO, for what? reckless driving? REALLY? I highly doubt it, but if it is true, please make it the week the Hags are in Santa Clara.

i actually agree with you here. i HATE playing teams when they have good players injured because theres always that nagging feeling that you only won because they were out. though, bowman is likely to be out for decent chunk of the season too, so maybe that cancels it out
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran

That's pathetic, and you should be ashamed of yourself as a Niner fan. Hell I have more faith in your team than you do that the Niners are fully capable of beating the Hawks even with Lynch, but to hope hes gone due to suspension for a win...That's almost as bad as hoping someone key will be injured. Piss poor (insert Richard Sherman/ Brandon Browner/PEDHawk joke here). I'm sure others here would actually agree with me.

Seahawks had no problem with bragging about smoking us at home last year without Justin Smith
Originally posted by 9er2k:

Seahawks had no problem with bragging about smoking us at home last year without Justin Smith

My thoughts on that one. A single player doesn't make up for 30+ pts. Much like the Crabtree thing from Week 2 of this season (although in that case I think it was a little over 20). However, lets say it was a CLOSE win (within TD), I think a missing player could be pointed at. i.e. Broncos were missing some of their key players like Von Miller in the SB, but when you lose by over 30 points, its hard to use that as an excuse. Hawks lost at Stick this year by 2 points, after seeing the SB, I'm sure there are some who would think that had Harvin been in that game, potentially the Hawks win? Either way, I'm pretty sure from a fan perspective, people would prefer to see both teams healthy when playing each other, just leaves a lot less questions on who wins either way. Much like I'm not exactly too proud of that Red Skins win last year, RG3 was handicapped and then eventually out of the game. Hard to celebrate a win like that.
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
LMAO, for what? reckless driving? REALLY? I highly doubt it, but if it is true, please make it the week the Hags are in Santa Clara.

i actually agree with you here. i HATE playing teams when they have good players injured because theres always that nagging feeling that you only won because they were out. though, bowman is likely to be out for decent chunk of the season too, so maybe that cancels it out

Bowman is a baller and I gained a lot of respect for him coming down STILL holding the ball with his knee all twisted up like that. Maybe the football Gods saw what was wrong with the fumble recovery call and gave the Niners an even better spot in the following play.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Or about beating us without crabtree
I'm not hoping Lynch will be out so that we can win. I know that we can win regardless of if he plays or not. I just don't like that he has seemingly avoided taking any accountability for driving drunk again.
I'm not hoping Lynch will be out so that we can win. I know that we can win regardless of if he plays or not. I just don't like that he has seemingly avoided taking any accountability for driving drunk again.

I am definitely not one who takes DUIs lightly. But the NFL didn't exactly do anything to Aldon either.
We have Lynchs' diabetic number anyways.If Aldon actually wrapped up,Lynch would've been shutdown completly.
Originally posted by 9er2k:

Thank you. And I didn't see any of them saying, "we beat them, but they didn't have Michael Crabtree" either.
Share 49ersWebzone