There are 221 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Giedi:
I wasn't to impressed with Dial but I agree, Jerrod Eddie is a lock. How can you cut a DT that can intercept the ball!

TJE, Tank, and Williams/Dorsey (whoever loses the starting NT spot) will have roster spots. There will be one or two more spots, and those guys have to bring ST value: Dial, Dobbs, Okoye, Ramsey, and Purcell.

People have said TJE is part of the 'non-locks' but he has played well in his limited time. Another team would snatch him up for sure. Maybe he has trade value
If he goes on our PS someone will grab him. Sadly he is on the most stacked roster in the league. No way he makes our 53.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i rather cut Dobbs or Williams for this guy. Those guys are worth a crap to how much potential Okoye brings. 49ers need to start taking these chances if they really like him

You would rather cut last year's starter at NT to keep an extraordinarily raw prospect who no-one has seen play a real football game yet? Really?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scoots:
i rather cut Dobbs or Williams for this guy. Those guys are worth a crap to how much potential Okoye brings. 49ers need to start taking these chances if they really like him

You would rather cut last year's starter at NT to keep an extraordinarily raw prospect who no-one has seen play a real football game yet? Really?
i had to read that twice myself. wow, talk about over valuing someone who has never seen the field. i guess okoye is on his way to nate davis status on the webzone . let me guess, once we finally cut him, we will see posts saying " someone will pick him up and we will rue the day we let him go". yes that worked out so well for all the other trash from nate davis to korey sheets to otis to whoever else we cut
Inactive but on the 53 is little different than the practice squad, except that it better protects the investment on the positive side and probably requires cutting someone ineligible for the PS on the negative. Cutting down to the 53 is hard enough but also considering who sits week to week is a headache.

Harbaugh said that Okoye needs to make the team as a position player perhaps because the coaches feel for team morale Okoye needs to pay his dues as a football player. That means taking the hardest road to the 53 by beating out other players for a spot. Still, the last spot on the DL is probably going to be inactive.

Can the Niners pull another IR mystery for Okoye?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Inactive but on the 53 is little different than the practice squad, except that it better protects the investment on the positive side and probably requires cutting someone ineligible for the PS on the negative. Cutting down to the 53 is hard enough but also considering who sits week to week is a headache.

Harbaugh said that Okoye needs to make the team as a position player perhaps because the coaches feel for team morale Okoye needs to pay his dues as a football player. That means taking the hardest road to the 53 by beating out other players for a spot. Still, the last spot on the DL is probably going to be inactive.

maybe someone can whack him on the knee with a tire iron?

People are stupid... they see nice triangle numbers and get a hard-on.
Originally posted by cciowa:

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
People are stupid... they see nice triangle numbers and get a hard-on.

and maybe some just get hot n bothered and moist
Anyone ever see the Tanya Harding sex tape? Never got around to that... fap-worthy?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

my god, she was hot back in the day,, i was all over her back then. i know that does not come as shock and awe to regular posters around here. she is a bit heavier now with a boob job but still ,, i love my women good looking in a slutty way
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

I think he has the talent to make that last roster spot. Every time he was on the field last year (I think a total of 4 times) good things happened defensively. I know Tomsula will be working 24/7 with this guy and will be doing all he can to get Okoye on the 53. I think what Tomsula says about Okoye and the rest of that young D-line group will be weighed heavily by Baalke/Harbaugh. Another factor is if he makes the team - a whole bunch of British fans will be here next year.

i had to read that twice myself. wow, talk about over valuing someone who has never seen the field. i guess okoye is on his way to nate davis status on the webzone . let me guess, once we finally cut him, we will see posts saying " someone will pick him up and we will rue the day we let him go". yes that worked out so well for all the other trash from nate davis to korey sheets to otis to whoever else we cut
How long has Williams been starting for us ?, how many games has he even played for us ?

Seattle will probably take a chance on the guy, they do all our players. We should take chance on our prospects instead of guys who are mostly injured all the time
Ian Williams was offered a fat contract after a year or two on the practice squad and never having any snaps in the NFL... that shows how good he is.

Well, Okoye would sign for the minimum, and Dobbs makes like 1.43 million.

Regardless of whether Okoye makes the team, I think Dobbs should be cut unless Dial shows nothing. TJE has surpassed Dobbs as a DL IMO. And Ian Williams & Tank should both be ready t' go.
Share 49ersWebzone