There are 249 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Quenton needs his reps. For god knows why he hasnt been used enough. If he gets cut he will succeed somewhere else. He was studdly in college but Roman/Harbaugh havnt figured out the forward pass.
Patton working on his footwork

https://instagram.com/p/5aYIXiK2s/
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Originally posted by thl408:
After I finish up with Ward, I'm going to take a look at how Patton runs his routes. The guy is electric with the ball in his hands. Curious to see if I can tell anything about his route running on film.

I'm interested in seeing your assessment on Ward

Check out the All22 thread...thl408 did a whole film review on him.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Originally posted by thl408:
After I finish up with Ward, I'm going to take a look at how Patton runs his routes. The guy is electric with the ball in his hands. Curious to see if I can tell anything about his route running on film.

I'm interested in seeing your assessment on Ward

Check out the All22 thread...thl408 did a whole film review on him.

Thanks i'll check it out
Patton put up some sick numbers his last two years in college. Does anyone know his 40? He looks like 4.55
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Patton put up some sick numbers his last two years in college. Does anyone know his 40? He looks like 4.55

Yup.

Junior Year: 13 Games, 79 Receptions, 1202 Yards, 11 Touchdowns
Senior Year: 12 Games, 104 Receptions, 1392 Yards, 13 Touchdowns

Height 6-0
Weight 204
Arm Length 32 7/8
Hand Size 9 3/8
40-Yard 4.53
10-Yard 1.59
Vertical 33 (Pro Day 37)
Broad 09´10
Shuttle 4.01
3-Cone Drill 6.91
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by elguapo:

Yup.

Junior Year: 13 Games, 79 Receptions, 1202 Yards, 11 Touchdowns
Senior Year: 12 Games, 104 Receptions, 1392 Yards, 13 Touchdowns

Height 6-0
Weight 204
Arm Length 32 7/8
Hand Size 9 3/8
40-Yard 4.53
10-Yard 1.59
Vertical 33 (Pro Day 37)
Broad 09´10
Shuttle 4.01
3-Cone Drill 6.91

He was criminally underused by Harbaugh and Roman, I can only hope those 2 years don't stint his growth/potential.
I'm pulling for you QP u one of my favorite player real humble dude I wish u nothing but the best
Originally posted by Buchy:
He was criminally underused by Harbaugh and Roman, I can only hope those 2 years don't stint his growth/potential.

No question. And unlike a guy like AJ Jenkins it seemed like whenever Patton was actually used he was either making big plays or in position to make them.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Buchy:

No question. And unlike a guy like AJ Jenkins it seemed like whenever Patton was actually used he was either making big plays or in position to make them.

This!!!!!!

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think both Patton and Ellington can be impact players if given enough game experience and proper coaching

Impact how?

I don't ever see them making a pro bowl, but they could definitely be great role players for us.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think both Patton and Ellington can be impact players if given enough game experience and proper coaching

Impact how?

I don't ever see them making a pro bowl, but they could definitely be great role players for us.
so great role players dont have impact ?
Criminally underused? Please, he was a 4th round pick who isn't particularly fast an was injured. He has played like a 4th round pick. I like Quinton, but realize he is what he is. One thing you can't argue is Harbs is about competition an the best player plays. Quinton was not that. He will get his chance as you say to prove everyone wrong including me.
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Criminally underused? Please, he was a 4th round pick who isn't particularly fast an was injured. He has played like a 4th round pick. I like Quinton, but realize he is what he is. One thing you can't argue is Harbs is about competition an the best player plays. Quinton was not that. He will get his chance as you say to prove everyone wrong including me.

I don't buy that. Not from what we saw. Harbaugh and his coaches were very much favoring vets and the young guys weren't getting much of an opportunity unless it was clear they were better or there was nobody ahead of them to hold them back.

Crabtree was terrible last year yet he kept starting. Stevie Johnson was hardly used despite playing very well when given the chance. Vernon Davis was awful last year and he kept starting. Brandon Lloyd who was an old one trick pony got playing time over Patton as well..and that's with Harbaugh claiming that Patton was going off in practice.

So how exactly is that about best players playing?
Please have you ever heard JH say one bad thing about a player on his team publicly? If so please post. That's all smoke and mirrors. What happens in practice, the things we don't see. That's why QP wasn't playing.
Share 49ersWebzone