New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Completely Disagree.

You're quite the optimist.
  • mr_P
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Says the guy holding onto hope that lemontrash develops.
[ Edited by mr_P on Jun 28, 2015 at 2:19 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Completely Disagree.

Story of my life!
Originally posted by mr_P:
Says the guy holding onto hope that lemontrash develops.

You don't think it's a little more likely that a 3rd-round pick turns a corner in his 3rd season (after being one of the youngest player in the league as a rook) than the worst 49ers' roster since 2010 winning a Super Bowl?

Even if the team stays healthy, that's the pipe dream of all pipe dreams IMO.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jun 28, 2015 at 4:42 PM ]
No player is helped by having a sucky season how is that helpful for development.
TBF, it sounds like from the reports of the players noting the huge changes in coaching, drills, focus, idea of putting players in position to attack/be successful, etc. is becoming paramount. Therefore, I'm going to reserve judgment on another young player in Lemonier. It sounds like with just one simple coaching recognition and tip, Lemonier looks like a different player. So we'll have to see if he can turn the corner (pun intended) once the pads come on; but I'm not going to judge or bash our own player until I've seen them under the new staff and direction and the roles they will play now (if any).
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
TBF, it sounds like from the reports of the players noting the huge changes in coaching, drills, focus, idea of putting players in position to attack/be successful, etc. is becoming paramount. Therefore, I'm going to reserve judgment on another young player in Lemonier. It sounds like with just one simple coaching recognition and tip, Lemonier looks like a different player. So we'll have to see if he can turn the corner (pun intended) once the pads come on; but I'm not going to judge or bash our own player until I've seen them under the new staff and direction and the roles they will play now (if any).

I hear ya. People forget, before JH, this team massively underachieved and a big part of that was the loss of faith in the coaching. Last year, we saw that again. Teams talent can't overcome poor leadership... Houston Oilers are a prime example. If JT and crew can get these guys believing again, who knows what stars were hidden under the total cluster HaRoman engineered last season.
Originally posted by Geeked:

I hear ya. People forget, before JH, this team massively underachieved and a big part of that was the loss of faith in the coaching. Last year, we saw that again. Teams talent can't overcome poor leadership... Houston Oilers are a prime example. If JT and crew can get these guys believing again, who knows what stars were hidden under the total cluster HaRoman engineered last season.

Agreed..."teaching (coaching)" was highly emphasized by the FO when the change was made. I think from top to bottom, the position coaches are a big upgrade over last year (or at least have the potential to be). The next phase is...can the coordinators call better game plans, make better in-game adjustments, half-time adjustments, have better situational awareness, stick with what's working, adjust, etc. And, can JT keep the ship heading in the same direction?

But so far, so good...new regime has already addressed every single issue we noted in here under Harbaugh's tenure here. So they are off to a great start. It sounds like with all the interviews, these players have massive respect for the position coaches that are coaching them up daily and seem to be buying into what Geep/Mangini philosophies are...and see JT as a players coach (albeit, not soft or inflexible or lacking in X's and O's).
Originally posted by Geeked:

Agreed..."teaching (coaching)" was highly emphasized by the FO when the change was made. I think from top to bottom, the position coaches are a big upgrade over last year (or at least have the potential to be). The next phase is...can the coordinators call better game plans, make better in-game adjustments, half-time adjustments, have better situational awareness, stick with what's working, adjust, etc. And, can JT keep the ship heading in the same direction?

But so far, so good...new regime has already addressed every single issue we noted in here under Harbaugh's tenure here. So they are off to a great start. It sounds like with all the interviews, these players have massive respect for the position coaches that are coaching them up daily and seem to be buying into what Geep/Mangini philosophies are...and see JT as a players coach (albeit, not soft or inflexible or lacking in X's and O's).
I would agree with that statement other then Tomsula as dline coach, and donatell over pendergast(Difference isn't astronomical though. Pendergast is good but Donatell was the best in the league.) I really like the linebacking coaches doe, Tarver I thin kwill be a great add.

Whether it pans out or not, atleast they are taking the steps to allow this team to take another step. We are gonna learn early what this team is about, we have a tough front loaded schedule.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This dude better step up Eli Harold and Aaron Lynch are pressin hard!!!!!

Originally posted by philosoraptor:
I would agree with that statement other then Tomsula as dline coach, and donatell over pendergast(Difference isn't astronomical though. Pendergast is good but Donatell was the best in the league.) I really like the linebacking coaches doe, Tarver I thin kwill be a great add.

Whether it pans out or not, atleast they are taking the steps to allow this team to take another step. We are gonna learn early what this team is about, we have a tough front loaded schedule.

Pendergast is our ILB coach, I think you mean Tim Lewis who is our DB coach. I agree donatell was an excellent DB coach, but so is Lewis. Just take a look at his resume, he has pretty much always had his unit being one of the strengths on his defenses. But I agree with you, I think we did an excellent job hiring our position coaches and it seems they all are capable of bringing out the best in our young guys.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This dude better step up Eli Harold and Aaron Lynch are pressin hard!!!!!

He's gotta feel the heat!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Hope this dude steps up this year
Lemon will man up this year and provide the pass rush he was drafted to bring.

I will cry if we go from Aldon to this guy
Share 49ersWebzone