New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's a lemon.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Another of the Balke Bust Foundation.

Gonna have some busts when you draft 10+ players every year lol...they're not all gonna be studs

Well said... sometimes projects fail
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
"You can never have enough pass rushers on your team."
Quote by... Some Guy

He'll make the team.

He plays a,big role on ST too. Don't be surprised if he does turn the corner and makes it.

One thing for sure - he KNOWS he must produce.
Still 23 and behind 3 pro-bowl-caliber OLBs on the depth chart. I don't know what people are expecting.

If he gets some significant playing time and proves he's just not a good player, I'll be sure to admit I was wrong. But I still think the dude is a great talent.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
One thing for sure - he KNOWS he must produce.

Yeah... this might be make or break time
Originally posted by Constantine:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Another of the Balke Bust Foundation.

Gonna have some busts when you draft 10+ players every year lol...they're not all gonna be studs

Well said... sometimes projects fail

you cant hit home runs every time you're at bat. Even Barry Bonds struck out and missed from time-to-time.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Jun 20, 2015 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Still 23 and behind 3 pro-bowl-caliber OLBs on the depth chart. I don't know what people are expecting.

If he gets some significant playing time and proves he's just not a good player, I'll be sure to admit I was wrong. But I still think the dude is a great talent.

Did you not watch last season where he got the chance to start and didn't generate even a pressure in something like 90+ snaps?

What do you mean you don't know what people were expecting? I don't think anyone was expecting Aldon like results if that's what your getting at. I'll tell you what people weren't expecting though. After having a full Offseason with the team all he could come up with was 2 pressures and graded out as one of the worst defenders on the team. Is that what we should expect for a second year player? He showed ZERO growth. The lemonier of 2014 was skill wise the same lemonier coming out of college.

Normally I'd give these young players the benefit of doubt and say maybe coaches didn't develop him properly but lineman and linebackers being developed has never been an issue so I can't even give him that.

I want our players to succeed, believe me. I just don't know if lemon has what it takes. Hopefully he shows his worth this preseason cause I'm sure he's gonna get a ton of snaps.
There's a video out of Junior Galette hitting a woman with a belt so maybe we can trade lemon or Brooks for decent value considering the league will probably drop the hammer on Galette.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
What pff say

Ranked 88/92 for all 3-4 OLBs that played at least one snap.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Did you not watch last season where he got the chance to start and didn't generate even a pressure in something like 90+ snaps?

What do you mean you don't know what people were expecting? I don't think anyone was expecting Aldon like results if that's what your getting at. I'll tell you what people weren't expecting though. After having a full Offseason with the team all he could come up with was 2 pressures and graded out as one of the worst defenders on the team. Is that what we should expect for a second year player? He showed ZERO growth. The lemonier of 2014 was skill wise the same lemonier coming out of college.

Normally I'd give these young players the benefit of doubt and say maybe coaches didn't develop him properly but lineman and linebackers being developed has never been an issue so I can't even give him that.

I want our players to succeed, believe me. I just don't know if lemon has what it takes. Hopefully he shows his worth this preseason cause I'm sure he's gonna get a ton of snaps.

Agree Desoto87!

I was expecting significant improvement from his rookie year and he played flat every time I saw him.

Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Ranked 88/92 for all 3-4 OLBs that played at least one snap.

Ok thanks. even against run? I know his speed rush was read like a cheap dime novel by every tackle in the league.
he is very young so I am still optimistic
Sometimes pass rushers take time to develop...like Skuta. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he makes himself a hard cut at all...or even makes it. Just have to wait and see what he learned from last year.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

He played 90 snaps all season? How many of those did he rush the passer?

I don't remember him getting a chance to start. I know he had a terrible season, but he didn't play a lot.

He's actually shown he can be an effective pass rusher (he graded out phenomenally in limited time as a rook). That's why I'm not too worried about him at this point.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jun 20, 2015 at 8:14 PM ]
Time to develop? Hes in diapers. I blsme famgio for his whiff last year. Maybe leavitt too.
Share 49ersWebzone