LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 198 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Well it is true, those are the type of players that play the Leo position best.
Originally posted by Rice-a-Ronnie:
So true. What's sad about your list is that these are 1st and 2nd round picks.

Not the haul we wanted. We could have had more production from late first round.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
Cause we have got more Leos than a Leo the Lion audition.

Dude, really?

Pssst: I hide his posts. It's nice.
Tank is done. It was a flyer pick coming off an injury combined with a change in his natural position. That coaching regime basically ruined any chance at him having a long a productive career. I sense he gets cut and if he is lucky, finds his way on another practice squad.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
Cause we have got more Leos than a Leo the Lion audition.

Dude, really?

Pssst: I hide his posts. It's nice.

God bless the ignore feature!
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Tank is done. It was a flyer pick coming off an injury combined with a change in his natural position. That coaching regime basically ruined any chance at him having a long a productive career. I sense he gets cut and if he is lucky, finds his way on another practice squad.

I still think he makes the team (I say this before we see him in pads).

In this defense, we badly need pass rushers and even more so because we have no true every-down LEO. As a, result, he's more valuable at the big end 5T/6T spot in rotation with Buckner/Thomas than a Chris Jones or Quinton Dial since we already have true NT's in D.J. Jones and Earl Mitchell and plenty of interior depth with Thomas, Blair, Armstead, Buckner, Mitchell, etc.

The ability to play big end in rotation AND be able to pass rush could just earn him a spot in this 4-3_under.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 27, 2017 at 7:49 AM ]

Or he was just another ACL failure from Baalke, he does have a track record.

It was a mistake and stupid picking him during our Super Bowl window.. He did great sitting on the bench recovering while cowboy played with one arm.

Foolish draft pick.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 27, 2017 at 8:58 AM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

It was a mistake and stupid picking him during our Super Bowl window.. He did great sitting on the bench recovering while cowboy played with one arm.

Foolish draft pick.

Likewise, I'm surprised he's still here. Maybe once TC and PS start, we see von miller's twin brother out there. Short of that tho, i would bet this is his last couple months with us. Still we have waited 3 yrs, and now this yr we were gifted a 90 man squad til Sept 2nd. So at least he has the time to show up, or "show it". It will take a pretty awesome peformance tho for him to be part of the 53 IMO.
I'm still astonished this guy got a contract extension.
Originally posted by lamontb:

As bad as we've been the last couple of years, all one needed for an extension was to show a little oomph during preseason.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

Foolish draft pick.

Likewise, I'm surprised he's still here. Maybe once TC and PS start, we see von miller's twin brother out there. Short of that tho, i would bet this is his last couple months with us. Still we have waited 3 yrs, and now this yr we were gifted a 90 man squad til Sept 2nd. So at least he has the time to show up, or "show it". It will take a pretty awesome peformance tho for him to be part of the 53 IMO.

Yeah, Chris Jones or Quinton Dial could easily steal his spot if he doesn't show a nice pass rush. No question.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

As bad as we've been the last couple of years, all one needed for an extension was to show a little oomph during preseason.

If he makes the team it would prove to be a good decision.

Look who gave it to him.

Failakke theterrible.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

If he makes the team it would prove to be a good decision.

Matt Barrows
Matt Barrows @mattbarrows

PanTank during one-on-one pass rush drills. #49ers (link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXLi3h-F67Y/) instagram.com/p/BXLi3h-F67Y/

PanTank. Bwahahaha.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

And yet he's still running with the first team D
Share 49ersWebzone