There are 194 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Like ziggy in detroit, Tank was always cut out for one thing: hand in dirt, rushing the passer.
Baalke, in his infinite wisdom, never let him be who he is. Tank was trents personal Frankenstein.
Tank was tank when he was a ripped 260 lb dawg.

Now, hes got one last chance, but i think its probably over--if you're expecting anything akin to florida state.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Like ziggy in detroit, Tank was always cut out for one thing: hand in dirt, rushing the passer.
Baalke, in his infinite wisdom, never let him be who he is. Tank was trents personal Frankenstein.

Now, hes got one last chance, but i think its probably over--if you're expecting anything akin to florida state.

Even when we send him after the QB he has done nothing. He is trash. I would be shocked if he gets 3 sacks this year
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by xcfan:

Even when we send him after the QB he has done nothing. He is trash. I would be shocked if he gets 3 sacks this year

Sometimes you gotta scheme sacks or have the guys around you generate pressure for you to do your thing as well. You're not gonna win your one on one's Everytime. Just saying. No I'm not holding my breath for him to breakout but he's a backup so at this point expectations are nothing and anything positive is well... A positive.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by 9moon:
CLUELESS TANK GETS HIS FINAL CHANCE AS A 4-3 DE...IT'S NOW OR BACK TO FLORIDA STATE!!!

What would be determined a successful season for him on limited snaps?

LIMITED SNAPS??

I guess we should blame all his coaching staff because he couldn't learn the defense..

heck, even Mr No Read No Write Dexter Manley was a force as a DE during his playing days...
CLUELESS TANK GETS HIS FINAL CHANCE AS A 4-3 DE...IT'S NOW OR BACK TO FLORIDA STATE!!!

LIMITED SNAPS??

I guess we should blame all his coaching staff because he couldn't learn the defense..

heck, even Mr No Read No Write Dexter Manley was a force as a DE during his playing days...

Limited snaps,as in he'll be rotating in if the opposing offense is driving.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah, cause he's a FA after this year lol... if he's not worthy of a spot he'll get cut. It's simple.

This. At worst he is a training camp body. If he can't get it done in this scheme, he cant get it done period.

Agree

Make or break - this is the last stop.

Originally posted by Matchuu84:

6 sacks

IF he makes the team... let's act like where putting money on that as well? I think he does,make the team,and I say going INTO the final week of the season he has 5 sacks

I hope your right!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah, cause he's a FA after this year lol... if he's not worthy of a spot he'll get cut. It's simple.

This. At worst he is a training camp body. If he can't get it done in this scheme, he cant get it done period.

Agree

Make or break - this is the last stop.

Originally posted by Matchuu84:

6 sacks

IF he makes the team... let's act like where putting money on that as well? I think he does,make the team,and I say going INTO the final week of the season he has 5 sacks

I hope your right!

I think he goes balls to the wall this off season and in training camp...As long as he's able to put pressure&hopefully some sacks in pre season he'll make the squad.
What has he ever done? Bust. Take him out with the rest of the garbage Baalke left us with.
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
What has he ever done? Bust. Take him out with the rest of the garbage Baalke left us with.

He's in a contract year and the best scheme possible for him. It's been done 1,000 times in sports with guys on contract years. We're all just hoping to cash in something rewarding and if he doesn't show up then peace out.
Tank has had so many opportunities, I am not holding my breath on him doing anything this year. Would not be shocked in the least if he was beat out by a rookie. Since his college playing days he still struggled against the run and got flat out dominated at times. Was one of the most overrated prospects in his draft class.

I only thought he was going to be good because his name was Tank lol
One of the biggest disappointments not named Reggie McGrew.
Originally posted by English:
One of the biggest disappointments not named Reggie McGrew.

Reported.
Meh. See what happens in Training Camp this year under a new regime. Last chance. Camp fodder if he doesn't show he's one of the best 53 on the Team. Seems pointless to cut him now.
  • thl408
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Tank has had so many opportunities, I am not holding my breath on him doing anything this year. Would not be shocked in the least if he was beat out by a rookie. Since his college playing days he still struggled against the run and got flat out dominated at times. Was one of the most overrated prospects in his draft class.
What is the main aspect about Tank that makes him an ineffective pass rusher? Bad hands, no bend, limited moves, no power? I'm willing to give him one more season as he gets accustomed to his old new old weight. This team really needs one of ALynch, Harold, Tank to be serviceable. At least as a depth edge rusher.
Share 49ersWebzone