LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 157 users in the forums

Tank Carradine Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
These players took a while to develop, I hope they realize who took a chance on them and stick around when they become high priced studs

That's what I hoped for Culliver...Baalke stuck by that guy to no end and he still bolted for the big pay day.

Money doesn't Talk it SHOUTS!

Live and learn - I hope Aldon remembers!!
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I'll be surprised if that happens. Hopefully, just extending them a year before their contracts are up will get a decent discount.

I think this is logical. I think the plan is to have Tank play nickel mostly so unless he goes off putting up like 15+ sacks given his play so far he can't ask for a major contract.

I could see a similar deal to what McDonald got after being a backup most of his 49ers career(obviously inflated due to the contract scaling)

I'm confident if Dial and Tank play well this year we're locking them up. As I said before it's easier to extend guys like this who haven't really had a big money deal in the NFL because the risk of injury is too much to pass up decent guaranteed money. It's why Seattle was able to extend their core group and those guys were a lot more proven than anyone who may be up for a new deal outside of Aldon. Altho I'm sure any deal with Aldon will have a "you better stay the hell out of trouble or we're taking it all back" clause.

Seattle may not be a good example but I know what you mean. This is Baalke's specialty...knowing WHEN to sign these guys long term and pricing (valuing) them correctly. As a result, we avoid having to shell out the highest or the second highest contracts in the league to all our core ($100M to 10 players). His approach to Aldon has been the only contract counter to his methods but Baalke was somewhat forced into a corner on that one with his off-the-field issues. Either way, we can certainly afford Aldon and Boone at any price next year and have plenty of room for other extensions and a big play here and there in FA as needed.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
These players took a while to develop, I hope they realize who took a chance on them and stick around when they become high priced studs

That's what I hoped for Culliver...Baalke stuck by that guy to no end and he still bolted for the big pay day.

It'll be fun to check out the stats of Culliver, Gore, Crabtree, etc. this year. Just like it was fun over the years to check out Brown, Rogers, Sopoaga, Franklin, etc.
It'll be fun to check out the stats of Culliver, Gore, Crabtree, etc. this year. Just like it was fun over the years to check out Brown, Rogers, Sopoaga, Franklin, etc.

Out of all those I was most sad to see Cully go because I think he was turning into a really good player but at the same time his off the field issues made it tough to give him THAT type of money.

So far every time Baalke has let DBs go we've replaced them with equal or better players. I hope that trend continues this year. For all his struggles with receivers the guy has been money with DBs.

I hope Jimmie Ward gets healthy soon because I think he's a talent young kid and our 2nd year DBs can really help this season.

I'll be surprised if that happens. Hopefully, just extending them a year before their contracts are up will get a decent discount.

I wish they would have not activated Tank his rookie year, I believe it wouldn't have counted towards his rookie contract, correct?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I wish they would have not activated Tank his rookie year, I believe it wouldn't have counted towards his rookie contract, correct?

I thought that the rookie needed to be activated for a specific period of time. I believe that was a topic regarding the reason they deactivated him.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I thought that the rookie needed to be activated for a specific period of time. I believe that was a topic regarding the reason they deactivated him.

Yeah I think he was activated for the specific amount of time that it counted towards his rookie contract...I could be wrong though.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Time for Clueless to really step up this year...

He will be taking over Aldrunk Smith's (DE) position and I am expecting him to excell!!!

95 91 93 92

54 53 55
More pass rush opportunities for Tank.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I'm w/you on that.

Add Harrelson, Manny and Whitner.

Originally posted by 9moon:
This gotta be the year he participate and contributes.... this coachins staff should be awesome to play for because they no longer will give out excuses regarding players not knowing their DE assignments..

It was obvious that the past coaching staff did not due their job on teaching him the playbook since he did nothing but rehab and get healthy...

I still remember when Cornelius Bennett and the late Derek Thomas report to camp (late), not knowing 80% of their duties, both Levy and Schottenheimer basically told them to LINE UP ON THE END STANDING UP... AND RUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE QB!!!!!!

Is that what you remember the coach saying to those player? Ok.
Yet you fail to remember how to spell Aldons name.
[ Edited by jeepzilla on Aug 7, 2015 at 1:31 PM ]
Cornellius
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I remember the 1st game Cornellius Bennett played, it was against Denver... it was after that First "BIG DEAL".. Eric Dickerson, Bennett and the Rams getting lots of picks..

Levy and his coaching staff just told Bennett to "rush the QB" and that's exactly what he did with John Elway... Backin the later 80s and 90s, Inside the NFL show used to be on Channel 2 (here in LA) every Saturday afternoon..

ALDON - you ever heard of typo??
Another guy that has to step up. He was a bigtime pass rusher at FSU. We need him to be a force on the interior with Dockett. Brooks, Lynch, Harold on the edges. The talent is there to generate some pass rush, and you know Mangini is gonna dial up some pressure.
Tank needs to be an EDGE RUSHER he was drafted to be. He's not a DT like they want, he's not a 3/4 end, HE IS A PASS RUSHING 4-3 END EDGE PASS RUSHER USE HIM AT HIS STRENGTHS ALREADY.
Share 49ersWebzone