LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 139 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Anyone else seeing Blake Bell making plays for the Jaguars. I'm noticing a trend.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Anyone else seeing Blake Bell making plays for the Jaguars. I'm noticing a trend.

Yup. It happens everywhere.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

He had 27 yards . 40 on the year lol. Terrible example bro's.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

He had 27 yards . 40 on the year lol. Terrible example bro's.

They just wanna use every example to knock the 49ers. I believe about 30% of the posters aren't 49ers fans. Also, the hindsight on this thread is comical. Now we should've kept McDonald and have him backing up Kittle? McDonald being a backup would be the worse thing for him. He needs lots of targets to be a regular factor in the game, which interestingly enough I along with a few others suggested years ago. Those drops are still going to come, but at least he'd have an opportunity to be a regular part of the offense as a starter. I'm glad he's gone because it was never going to come together for him here as a backup. And the film on him as a starter after Vernon Davis left was awful. McDonald was as snakebitten as a player as I've ever seen.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
They just wanna use every example to knock the 49ers. I believe about 30% of the posters aren't 49ers fans. Also, the hindsight on this thread is comical. Now we should've kept McDonald and have him backing up Kittle? McDonald being a backup would be the worse thing for him. He needs lots of targets to be a regular factor in the game, which interestingly enough I along with a few others suggested years ago. Those drops are still going to come, but at least he'd have an opportunity to be a regular part of the offense as a starter. I'm glad he's gone because it was never going to come together for him here as a backup. And the film on him as a starter after Vernon Davis left was awful. McDonald was as snakebitten as a player as I've ever seen.

Agreed with this whole thread, but most specifically the bolded.
Comical...71.6 grade, #11 ranked TE. I think the Steelers won that trade.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Was a good pick by Harbaugh

How dare you use hindsight to evaluate a decision made two years ago.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Was a good pick by Harbaugh

That was his "Mike Ditka!"
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

LOL...why not? We can say we won the Laken Tomlinson trade too.

Win some, lose some.

How else are we to evaluate trades except by waiting a couple years like draft picks to evaluate?

LOL...why not? We can say we won the Laken Tomlinson trade too.

Win some, lose some.

How else are we to evaluate trades except by waiting a couple years like draft picks to evaluate?

I know bro, being sarcastic. Lol

I keep reading that phrase. Its basically an excuse to bury head in sand and pretend it didn't happen.
Trading him was the right move. It's a professional courtesy. We replaced him with a superior tight end, have Juice in the mix too. No need to keep Vance for depth when he's a good player in his prime.

Nice to see him succeed in Pburgh though. There's no need to root against ex players.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 22, 2018 at 9:07 AM ]
I know bro, being sarcastic. Lol

I keep reading that phrase. Its basically an excuse to bury head in sand and pretend it didn't happen.

Ohhh...haha.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Trading him was the right move. It's a professional courtesy. We replaced him with a superior tight end, have Juice in the mix too. No need to keep Vance for depth when he's a good player in his prime.

I think we traded him to get rid of his contract since that was WAY too expensive if he wasn't going to be our #1. It would have been nice to have him as a #2 but he probably wouldn't have develop like he has if he's only targeted a couple times a game...same concept as Delanie Walker.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 22, 2018 at 9:09 AM ]
I think we traded him to get rid of his contract since that was WAY too expensive if he wasn't going to be our #1. It would have been nice to have him as a #2 but he probably wouldn't have develop like he has if he's only targeted a couple times a game...same concept as Delanie Walker.

Agreed on the 1st part for sure. We extended him to be the guy at te then a new coaching staff came in with other plans. The right thing for both sides is to give him a new home. We get cap space, and 1 less possible disgruntled player his career doesn't get ruined.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 22, 2018 at 9:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone