LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 335 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Eeks:
Hate Vance. We would have beat Seattle and went to Superbowl if he didnt drop that pass in the Championship game.

I'm not sure what you think you're remembering but Vance had 1 target and 1 reception in that game.

Vance McDonald 1 reception, 1 target, 13 yards, 12 YAC

http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2014011902

The 49ers lost because Kaepernick decided to try and play hero ball instead of throwing it to a wide open Patton late.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hate Vance. We would have beat Seattle and went to Superbowl if he didnt drop that pass in the Championship game.

I'm not sure what you think you're remembering but Vance had 1 target and 1 reception in that game.

Vance McDonald 1 reception, 1 target, 13 yards, 12 YAC

http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2014011902

The 49ers lost because Kaepernick decided to try and play hero ball instead of throwing it to a wide open Patton late.

In fairness we were only in position for that to happen cause Kaepernick was playing "hero ball" all 2nd half and got us back in the game.
Originally posted by spraked:
In fairness we were only in position for that to happen cause Kaepernick was playing "hero ball" all 2nd half and got us back in the game.

He played the 49ers into the game and then played them out of it pretty much. Was it 3 turnovers in the 2nd half? And that is with the 49ers starting out with great position in the game after the Aldon sack/fumble. There was no reason for them to challenge pretty much the top CB in football at the time without even bothering to scan the rest of the field and seeing that you had a guy open for at least a modest gain, if not more.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 9, 2017 at 12:26 PM ]

What game were you watching? lmao Vance would probably the last person Kap would've thrown to.. he only saw 1 receiver and he was double coverage.
Originally posted by spraked:

He played the 49ers into the game and then played them out of it pretty much. Was it 3 turnovers in the 2nd half? And that is with the 49ers starting out with great position in the game after the Aldon sack/fumble. There was no reason for them to challenge pretty much the top CB in football at the time without even bothering to scan the rest of the field and seeing that you had a guy open for at least a modest gain, if not more.

Once Iupati went down it changed the complexion of the game dramatically.

Don't do drugs.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
What game were you watching? lmao Vance would probably the last person Kap would've thrown to.. he only saw 1 receiver and he was double coverage.

His tin cup moment...trying to make up for the Super Bowl...I honestly think that series or that moment was the point where he developed his PTSD and we saw his career take a nose dive.

He was doing a decent job trying to make up for his previous turnovers but the whole idea of "I'll take Crab one on one all the time" is why he wasted all that talent. Just doesn't get the mental part of the game.

The irony is Crabtree couldn't wait to get the hell away from him.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I think Vance speed would be better utilized in Shanahans offense.
Originally posted by titan:

No question.

If he can stay on the field.

Just sayin
Originally posted by TheChozen:

Just sayin
just need a QB that can put the ball in front of him
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Just sayin
just need a qb.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Just sayin
just need a qb.

Hoyer can do that. I wonder if we go after C/G.
He'll get a nice catchable ball now. I can see him putting up 800 yards in this offense if he's healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone