LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 162 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Karma:
Vance has been mostly disappointing during his tenure here, but he has shown growth over the last season or so. He may not end up being Gronk, or even a starter caliber TE in this league, but there is absolutely no indication that the Niners should abandon him. Even if we take a highly regarded TE in the draft, Vance has the potential to be a solid number 2. TE is not a position that has me concerned in the short term. QB, LB, LEO, WR, NT... Then we can worry about upgrading TE.
Solid # 2 ?

When given the ball accurately , he has the potential to take it all the way to the house

# 2
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Vance has been mostly disappointing during his tenure here, but he has shown growth over the last season or so. He may not end up being Gronk, or even a starter caliber TE in this league, but there is absolutely no indication that the Niners should abandon him. Even if we take a highly regarded TE in the draft, Vance has the potential to be a solid number 2. TE is not a position that has me concerned in the short term. QB, LB, LEO, WR, NT... Then we can worry about upgrading TE.
Solid # 2 ?

When given the ball accurately , he has the potential to take it all the way to the house

# 2

Over the last two seasons, he did seem more productive (with Gabbert IMO) so there could be truth in your statement.
What I saw:

- he would come back from an injury
- would look a bit rusty with timing, dropsy
- started to roll, started catching
-injured
-rinse repeat
Originally posted by KayFabe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Solid # 2 ?

# 2

Over the last two seasons, he did seem more productive (with Gabbert IMO) so there could be truth in your statement.

I was saying that a "solid #2" is the worst case scenario.
He only needs 2 things. Consistent hands and health. Dude is pretty damn good when he has both, and his ability to take it to the house after a 15 yard pass is damn impressive for a TE.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
It is what it is.. the guy is not a GREAT pass catcher... and that's the reason why I think that he would be perfect at the FB position..
Originally posted by 9moon:
It is what it is.. the guy is not a GREAT pass catcher... and that's the reason why I think that he would be perfect at the FB position..

He has some minor back problems. He's definitely not moving to FB and try to blow up DL&Lbs every snap.
Glad to see more people have joined me on the Vance bandwagon.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Glad to see more people have joined me on the Vance bandwagon.

He definitely has his moments where he shines.
With all our injuries, maybe that is why we went with a new one? The old program was not working the last couple of years. Hopefully that will help him and others stay healthy-fingers crossed.

Looks like his time here might be running out if they're interested in Bennet.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I wouldn't say that, we just signed him to a big extension. He'll get an opportunity to live up to the contract. It's time to produce though. No more excuses.

In 4 years he's got 64 catches, 886 yards, 7 TDs. Honestly, for the money he's making now I expect him to produce close to those numbers in 2017. If he doesn't then he's not worth his contract.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

His dead money total would be around $10 million. Thats not happening.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
I am very happy with
24 rec
391 yards
16.3 average
4 tds

Considering he had nobody throwing to him and got injured. If he had an average qb I think he would of had something like
45 rec
750 yards
7 tds

If he had a good NOT great qb something like
65 rec
900 yards
9-10 tds

Imagine if he had a top 10 qb.....pro bowl type numbers easily top 10 at his position.

Except he's always hurt.
  • Eeks
  • Veteran
Hate Vance. We would have beat Seattle and went to Superbowl if he didnt drop that pass in the Championship game.
Share 49ersWebzone