There are 208 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Until (and if ever) he gets targeted on a regular basis, the numbers listed above are suspect. If you have a catch-able ball once out of every two games, I think you might be a bit rusty ... no? Lack of repetition can contribute to this as well. He may indeed have bad hands, but I think these numbers are two low to be a valid sample size.

This. There needs to be a bigger sample size before people try and pass a verdict on McDonald. I dont foresee him ever having great hands but expect him to be at least average with repetitions and additional practice. I hope he gets more opportunities because the potential for him to be a nightmare with the ball in his hands out in the open field is there for sure. I expect him to keep developing, getting even stronger, being tougher to tackle.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 24, 2014 at 4:51 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by mustangmele:
It was his rookie year. I'll give him a break. Vernon was extremely inconsistent for a good 2-3 years.

And had a pissy attitude.
well he had s**t for coaches so i do not blame anyone on the team during that time for being pissy. vernonexcuses

haha ironically, the worst coach in niner history is the one that set VD straight. Or made him gay. I'm not sure wtf happened in those showers but VD came out weird.

haha JK.
haha ironically, the worst coach in niner history is the one that set VD straight. Or made him gay. I'm not sure wtf happened in those showers but VD came out weird.

haha JK.

maybe it was when Singletary droped his pants that turned him over, no pun intended..

[ Edited by awol36 on Jun 24, 2014 at 5:06 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by awol36:

haha JK.

maybe it was when Singletary droped his pants that turned him over, no pun intended..

it is very frustrating having to see him "coach" our team as i set on the island of lost souls and banned trolls back in those days,, powerless to vent and have meltdowns on the zone. we always got blown out on the road and he never never got better. i do not trust a man who is not better today than what he was yesterday(abraham lincoln )
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
this dude BLOWS!

did he do a good job
it is very frustrating having to see him "coach" our team as i set on the island of lost souls and banned trolls back in those days,, powerless to vent and have meltdowns on the zone. we always got blown out on the road and he never never got better. i do not trust a man who is not better today than what he was yesterday(abraham lincoln )

He just wasn't a good head coach BUT he was a HOF player and a good LB coach. Sing didn't have the chops as an NFL coach but as a man a motivator and a mentor he is as solid of a guy as you can probably find. A player and many players of VD background can instantly bond with and understand exactly what a guy like Sing is trying to get across. For a man without a father present most of the time like VD, Sing can be that elder that he can finally listen to. Now Sing stunk as a coach but I know I would run through a wall for a dude like Singletary

haha JK.

Mike Singletary wasn't the worst coach in Niners history, by a long shot. Even Dennis Erickson wasn't the worst. No, the worst coach of all was actually a combo plate of two stinky coaches in the dark year of 1978, Pete McCulley and Fred O'Connor. Compared with those guys, Singletary was exemplary.
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Mike Singletary wasn't the worst coach in Niners history, by a long shot. Even Dennis Erickson wasn't the worst. No, the worst coach of all was actually a combo plate of two stinky coaches in the dark year of 1978, Pete McCulley and Fred O'Connor. Compared with those guys, Singletary was exemplary.

And thank God for 'em because they paved the way for Walsh.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

LOL!
I work with a guy that interned as a trainer at the IMG academy in Bradenton the year that Vance and Eric Reid were there. After the draft he had nothing but praise for the both of them. He said Vance's initial burst was incredible and that he was the most physically gifted TE in the draft. He couldn't figure out why he seemed to be overlooked. You can see what he was talking about when you get the ball in Vance hands, the problem is getting the ball in his hands.
[ Edited by WilliamDonovan on Jun 24, 2014 at 6:58 PM ]

OMG... I didn't think Sing was the worst coach, but I forgot all about that. I specifically remember how happy my dad was when Walsh showed up, because you are talking about some sad days in my house. Those were the "turn the channel" days because the old man used me as the wireless remote.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
He just wasn't a good head coach BUT he was a HOF player and a good LB coach. Sing didn't have the chops as an NFL coach but as a man a motivator and a mentor he is as solid of a guy as you can probably find. A player and many players of VD background can instantly bond with and understand exactly what a guy like Sing is trying to get across. For a man without a father present most of the time like VD, Sing can be that elder that he can finally listen to. Now Sing stunk as a coach but I know I would run through a wall for a dude like Singletary

we had guys do that in the nutcracker and they all got hurt
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

poor monte. on the other side if they would not have f**ked with monte and had we not had injuries to the 76 team that could have been a super bowl team,, and then we never would have got walsh because you had no reason to get rid of monte
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathmanator:

OMG... I didn't think Sing was the worst coach, but I forgot all about that. I specifically remember how happy my dad was when Walsh showed up, because you are talking about some sad days in my house. Those were the "turn the channel" days because the old man used me as the wireless remote.
can you imagine fans wearing paper sacks on their heads today to niner games . thats what it was
we had guys do that in the nutcracker and they all got hurt

Adds to my point! He got guys going in a major way initially but all our failures over time and the act wore thin. If he actually knew what he was doing we may have had something special. Instead we ended up graduating to Harbaugh. I guess it turned out well after all
Share 49ersWebzone