There are 718 users in the forums

2014 Super Bowl at Giant Stadium in New Jersey

Shop 49ers game tickets
Maybe I wasn't aware or have not followed it closely enough but the 2014 Super Bowl will be played at Giant Stadium. This has to be one of the worst decisions the NFL has ever made. The game is scheduled for Feb the 2nd. I've lived in NYC, that time of year there's a good chance it will be below freezing. I'm old school and love to see games in cold weather but not the biggest game of the year. The Mara and Tisch families have power but I never knew how much until now. Here's hoping for a blizzard with sub zero temps and the game being called off.
Ravens' QB Flacco: New Jersey Super Bowl is 'retarded'

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/flacco_nj_bowl_retarded_yQuJBiKTEXQ0k8WRDfnbsL

• jrg
  • Veteran
49ers vs. ????
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Maybe I wasn't aware or have not followed it closely enough but the 2014 Super Bowl will be played at Giant Stadium. This has to be one of the worst decisions the NFL has ever made. The game is scheduled for Feb the 2nd. I've lived in NYC, that time of year there's a good chance it will be below freezing. I'm old school and love to see games in cold weather but not the biggest game of the year. The Mara and Tisch families have power but I never knew how much until now. Here's hoping for a blizzard with sub zero temps and the game being called off.

I think they should have a Superbowl in Green Bay and Chicago. They should have a rotation among NFL team stadiums (except Oakland).
Originally posted by jrg:
49ers vs. ????

raiduz
Its a brillant move because the premise was that since any other game is played in the elements...why not the Super Bowl. Me growing up 10 minutes from Metlife not withstanding, the NFL needed to give a region a shot at a SB to see how it would do. What better area than NY/NJ with all the attractions and other venues in the area it was a no brainer. If it doesn't work...just don't do it again. Simple. But you at least have to see how it works out...and if there is any weather mishap...just require that cold weather cities have retractable roofs to be eligble to host a SB.
I hope the weather is miserable.
Stop whining.

NYC / NJ is cool.

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Stop whining.

NYC / NJ is cool.

Driving across the New Jersey Turnpike maybe catching the glorious smell from Secaucus, passing the Vince Lombardi Service area where more than a few bodies have been found in the trunks of cars. The hour long exit from the Stadium, being stuck at the George Washington Bridge for another hour. I'll put up with all of that, but don't call them the New York Giants and the New York Jets it's New Jersey. Even though those of us born in NY never considered Joisey part of the US.
Awesome!
Football is meant to be played outdoors. I hate domes.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Awesome!

this

/thread
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Awesome!

I agree!
The Giants and Jets will get all the calls next year, the league will try their best to get one or both of the new york teams in that super bowl. Imagine if Atlanta, New Orleans, or the Texans were to get in. From the comfort of the dome to below freezing! The more I think of it, this is a pretty bad idea.

Seahawks, Packers, Giants, and New England would have a huge advantage if they got there next year.

I think our team is built to play in any weather (run game and defense).
Share 49ersWebzone