49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 671 users in the forums

RGIII Report

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by jrg:
Yahoo reporting he may not play all of 2013.

Holy f**k.


Mort is reporting that he had complete tears of the ACL and LCL. He scheduled for surgery on Wednesday and will be out 9-12 months.
That sucks man I really like RG3 Dan Snydar needs to take care of his money better just pissing it away still. If anything I was shock peterson retured as early as he did, and even more shocked he rushed for 2000+ lol I'm sure RG3 is a young dude he should heal quickly but they shouldn't rush him back this time around...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 166,549
BREAKING: @Mortreport: Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will have total right knee reconstruction surgery for torn ACL & LCL on Wednesday. Projected recovery is expected to be 6-8 months.
Damn... I wonder if he will be the same??
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 166,549
im hanging w/ my brother right now..hes a DIE HARD redskins fan...looks like he wants to cry

  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 166,549
Meet Kirk Cousins


Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by jrg:
BREAKING: @Mortreport: Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will have total right knee reconstruction surgery for torn ACL & LCL on Wednesday. Projected recovery is expected to be 6-8 months.

so he will play next year? that great news for the skins

That's just the recovery time...he still needs to get to full speed and trusting his knee again
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 166,549
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/report-robert-griffin-iii-out-6-8-months-with-complete-acl-lcl-tears/
Originally posted by jrg:
Meet Kirk Cousins



Amuuuurica's 'cousin'.
I knew something funny happened about an hour ago


It was as if a million voices suddenly cried out,


"I told you so."
Meh he'll be back next year like nothing ever happened.
It appears when his knee was injured in the regular season, it would not have held up in the long run or healed right for next season anyway...Perhaps it is better this way...If he was held out of the game, he would probably not have surgery...But, he would be really susceptible to tears and early next year he could easily get hurt and be out the whole year...Now he has chance to do it right and play next season
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
He def won't be playing next season if he needs surgery.

The recovery time after an ACL reconstruction is 6-8 months, and full strengh after 12-15.

He allready tore his ACL once in college, the main thing is regaining strengh and movement, that helps in the stabilsation.

The recovery is painfull and long. Especially the first few weeks, it feels as if the leg is just a piece of wood attached to your body. Raising it requiers thinking of raising it, tightening the muscules it isn´t automatic as if you were healthy.

That´s my personal experience.
[ Edited by JeuSF49 on Jan 8, 2013 at 11:58 PM ]
I'd still take Kap over RG3 because of his injury problems
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
That sucks man I really like RG3 Dan Snydar needs to take care of his money better just pissing it away still. If anything I was shock peterson retured as early as he did, and even more shocked he rushed for 2000+ lol I'm sure RG3 is a young dude he should heal quickly but they shouldn't rush him back this time around...


He should had never been cleared to play once he tweaked it the week before. Now, him and the Redskins are paying the price. Also, his rehab is for 6-8 months, not 9-12.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone