There are 116 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Good read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/alex-boone-s-criticism-of--insane--jim-harbaugh-doesn-t-make-sense-160616399.html

"Here's the problem I have with the 49ers going forward: They seem to value nice and easy working conditions over what Harbaugh brought to the facility every day. Why else would you get rid of a coach with a 44-19-1 record (again, eight seasons without a playoff appearance before he arrived)? "

"Jim Tomsula is in a no-win situation now. As the new coach, having just seen his old boss get run out for being too demanding, how hard do you think he'll be on the players? Not too much, if he's into self preservation. If you want to make the argument that NFL players, who are all grown men, don't need to be pushed hard that's fine. But then it's also a coincidence that things happened to turn around for the 49ers at the exact moment the hard-charging Harbaugh got there."

"Without Harbaugh around, the 49ers are going to have a much calmer workplace environment. Whether that translates to more wins than they had with Harbaugh, well, maybe that doesn't matter as much to them."

Absolutely LOVE the hard-charging coaches like Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick and Bill Parcells. The difference between those 3 and Jim Harbaugh is 1) On-the-field performance accountability 2) These three were strategical proven geniuses and 3) They were excellent psychologists and could sustain success. Harbaugh is still a college coach on #1, #2 & #3.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 20, 2015 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by susweel:
If an actual respected team leader had said something about Harbs it would be more meaningful. Coming from a guy who only 6 months ago had Harbaugh's sack in the mouth and now is saying something against him is kinda comical and shows what kinda person Boone really is. TBPH

This!

But now Boone is NT hero of the offseason.

You really do twist things, don't you?
The troubles with the offense last year--increased number of penalties, dropped passes, missed assignments--points to a team that has turned off listening to its coach or coaches. Harbaugh had his hands more on the offense than defense.
Good read:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/alex-boone-s-criticism-of--insane--jim-harbaugh-doesn-t-make-sense-160616399.html

"Here's the problem I have with the 49ers going forward: They seem to value nice and easy working conditions over what Harbaugh brought to the facility every day. Why else would you get rid of a coach with a 44-19-1 record (again, eight seasons without a playoff appearance before he arrived)? "

"Jim Tomsula is in a no-win situation now. As the new coach, having just seen his old boss get run out for being too demanding, how hard do you think he'll be on the players? Not too much, if he's into self preservation. If you want to make the argument that NFL players, who are all grown men, don't need to be pushed hard that's fine. But then it's also a coincidence that things happened to turn around for the 49ers at the exact moment the hard-charging Harbaugh got there."

"Without Harbaugh around, the 49ers are going to have a much calmer workplace environment. Whether that translates to more wins than they had with Harbaugh, well, maybe that doesn't matter as much to them."

that's complete bull.
nobody said anything about Tomsula being nice. He's just DIFFERENT from jim.
And the author is going to ignore the previous regime under MIKE SINGLETARY who was tough and pushed the 49ers hard and even famously kicked vernon off the field and how did that work out for us in the win loss column?

and jim didn't get ran out for being too demanding he got ran out because he was too stubborn and would not change ANYTHING even when it was obvious they wouldn't work. that's why he's not here.

Tomsula will not be a push over. Calmer is a better workplace to work in across all walks of life. Front office and the coaching mess distracted the team as well as incompetent coaching and injured players.

i hate pieces like this. just complete BS

that being said

Boone needs to shut all the way up. he could find himself out on the street he is not irreplaceable and really no reason for his lust for limelight. he was one of the people who helped ruin the last season before it even started with his holdout.
[ Edited by jonesadrian on Apr 20, 2015 at 11:32 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Yeah I have no problem with Boone the player... Want him to do well for the team.

His comments seem cowardice to me. If you don't want to rock the boat don't praise him so highly during the season. Now that Harbs is gone you speak the truth. Pretty Lame.

Boone is changing his tune because he wants a contract again. He knows there was an upper management struggle and Harbs lost. I just think he is changing gears to show Trent he is on his side. If you really want to move on it's easy to just not talk about it. He held out last offseason. He backed Harbs mid season. Now it sounds like he's kissing Trent's butt.

LOL, wut? He just got a 5 year extension. He won his battle. He won't be getting another until this one is done or close to it.
Who just got a 5 year extension?

Boone is entering the last season of his contract, and that's a very interesting point (bolded) that could have some validity.

Well technically, it was Baalke who already paid Boone the extra money last off season and Boone was this one "exception" to Baalke's rule of paying FA's who don't show up to camp. Boone doesn't need to say anything about Harbaugh for leverage for his upcoming contract...he knows EXACTLY what he needs to do to get a contract extension: 1) show up and have 100% attendance 2) kick ass on the field. Done.

I just see these comments right in line with other player comments re: poor scheme, predictability, etc. I think we ALL knew Harbaugh wore out his welcome. He does that everywhere he goes. And we all called Harbaugh "nuts" in here at times. So did Boone really say anything more than what us fans already knew?
No he doesn't need to say anything but there is obviously a reason he is. Either he was lying during the season or he is lying now or both. I don't care either way. I agree that Boone doesn't need to kiss Trent butt for a new contract... take he only needs to show up and kick butt... but that's also assuming Boone understands all that. Players run their mouth all the time.

Whether I'm right or wrong, I feel like his comments are just taking sides to align with Trent and the Niners. Boone only got a 2 year extension from Baalke. The regime changed and now there is a new Head Coach and new OC and Oline coach. All the players must prove themselves again to keep their jobs. If Boone wants to stay or Vernon, they will show up to the practices and off-season programs and say all the right things. After the draft is over we will have hundreds of cheesy articles about Tomsula being a great guy, a players coach, that there's good atmosphere and guys having fun in practices...
Originally posted by cciowa:
but its ok when garcia runs his mouth vs the niners,, its ok when the former coach , who has a new job, continues to run his mouth about his time here? of course, i forgot,,
what is the coach supposed to do
what is Tim K supposed to say
the college rah rah b******t does not work for long on nfl players,, moss alluded to that problem this year but of course he has no clue what he was talking about, as he was only with the team for one year and still maintained contacts to the team..

I don't care what people who aren't on the team say. Moss is a known slouch and disgruntled they ran the ball instead of throwing it to him - hardly a team player. Boone is on team - mouthing off on that topic wont help the team at all. He should shut up or run for Congress with his flip flopping.

As for Harbaugh, when the media asks you every day why you aren't with the 49ers bits and pieces will spill out. Also, its apparent he wanted to stay, and they didn't want him - its business, but you gotta reap what you sow. They threw him under the bus after basically having the most successful first four years for an NFL head coach - damn right he has every right to say his side of it after essentially getting fired.

I get it, you don't like Harbaugh and think he was over rated. Regardless of you opinion or mine, the man brought success to the franchise. In that regard, they parted ways, we get it. Is it your opinion that JT was the best coaching option that 49ers could have made? What are you thoughts about the hire?

I have a simple question for you - Were you happy when we went to three straight NFC championship games and one Super bowl or did you hate Harbaughs coaching then? What would you consider a success for next season?
[ Edited by Cisco0623 on Apr 20, 2015 at 11:45 AM ]
I remember a few years ago, Niner fans were laughing about Pete Carroll's idea that players should be having fun. We ridiculed him for stopping practice and taking all his players to a go-cart facility. Harbaugh himself got into the act. I forget what he said exactly, but it was a back-handed criticism of Carroll thinking too much about fun and too little about winning.

Pete Carroll has gotten a lot of mileage out of being loose and having fun. If players are going to be relaxed, having fun, but with just as much commitment to winning, I've got no problem with that.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
cullyinthehouse

LOL😂.. Funny how ppl talk about u when You not around but quite in ya face!! 3/4 years went to NFCchampionship/Super Bowl, that's what we play for!!#ThatswhatHEbrung #HEISAGOODCOACH#RESPECTHIM💯💪🏾😠

https://instagram.com/p/1tP5vPPvRK/
Chris Culliver chiming in

https://instagram.com/p/1tP5vPPvRK/
Good read:

Absolutely LOVE the hard-charging coaches like Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick and Bill Parcells. The difference between those 3 and Jim Harbaugh is 1) On-the-field performance accountability 2) These three were strategical proven geniuses and 3) They were excellent psychologists and could sustain success. Harbaugh is still a college coach on #1, #2 & #3.

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I think Harbaugh is similar to those three. He just didn't get a chance to finish yet though I suspect he will return to the NFL

He was still growing as a coach IMO and the sky was the limit. Too bad we won't get to figure that out here.

Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Yeah I have no problem with Boone the player... Want him to do well for the team.

His comments seem cowardice to me. If you don't want to rock the boat don't praise him so highly during the season. Now that Harbs is gone you speak the truth. Pretty Lame.

Boone is changing his tune because he wants a contract again. He knows there was an upper management struggle and Harbs lost. I just think he is changing gears to show Trent he is on his side. If you really want to move on it's easy to just not talk about it. He held out last offseason. He backed Harbs mid season. Now it sounds like he's kissing Trent's butt.

LOL, wut? He just got a 5 year extension. He won his battle. He won't be getting another until this one is done or close to it.
Who just got a 5 year extension?

Boone is entering the last season of his contract, and that's a very interesting point (bolded) that could have some validity.

Well technically, it was Baalke who already paid Boone the extra money last off season and Boone was this one "exception" to Baalke's rule of paying FA's who don't show up to camp. Boone doesn't need to say anything about Harbaugh for leverage for his upcoming contract...he knows EXACTLY what he needs to do to get a contract extension: 1) show up and have 100% attendance 2) kick ass on the field. Done.

I just see these comments right in line with other player comments re: poor scheme, predictability, etc. I think we ALL knew Harbaugh wore out his welcome. He does that everywhere he goes. And we all called Harbaugh "nuts" in here at times. So did Boone really say anything more than what us fans already knew?
No he doesn't need to say anything but there is obviously a reason he is. Either he was lying during the season or he is lying now or both. I don't care either way. I agree that Boone doesn't need to kiss Trent butt for a new contract... take he only needs to show up and kick butt... but that's also assuming Boone understands all that. Players run their mouth all the time.

Whether I'm right or wrong, I feel like his comments are just taking sides to align with Trent and the Niners. Boone only got a 2 year extension from Baalke. The regime changed and now there is a new Head Coach and new OC and Oline coach. All the players must prove themselves again to keep their jobs. If Boone wants to stay or Vernon, they will show up to the practices and off-season programs and say all the right things. After the draft is over we will have hundreds of cheesy articles about Tomsula being a great guy, a players coach, that there's good atmosphere and guys having fun in practices...

Hahahaha! We WISH...it will be the same stuff posted above from KKFC (pitting one former HC against the other b/c they have different styles/approaches/personalities, etc.). But hey, we can dream right?

Your loyalty point is solid (i.e. Boone throwing Baalke a bone b/c Baalke took care of him last off season)...angling for a future contract is a bit off IMHO but I can see where you are coming from there. Personally, I just see these comments as Boone-like comments. He's generally a pretty transparent player to say the least...maybe more than Anthony Davis. I think when he was backing up Harbaugh last year, it was during tumultrous times and he was trying to help keep the ship righted.

Now...as to his play last year...haha!
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
I completely disagree. What I see is a fake ass dude who is NOW s**tting on his former coach that he praised 3 months ago. He was sooo effusive in his praise of Harbaugh now he talks s**t?? Real dudes don't say anything and keep it in House. Remember, this is the same guy that held out, played like s**t, contributed greatly to our poor oline play, our QB getting sacked 52 times! Were he my teammate I wouldn't trust him for anything.

Exactly. As a man, his b***h behavior doesn't sit well with me.
Good read:

I respect your opinion but I disagree. I think Harbaugh is similar to those three. He just didn't get a chance to finish yet though I suspect he will return to the NFL

He was still growing as a coach IMO and the sky was the limit. Too bad we won't get to figure that out here.

it was the exact opposite of that. it was the opposite of growing as a coach. the things we did well in the beginning year by year we started not being able to do those things as the league caught up with his play callers tendencies. red zone was an issue from day 1 clock management was an issue from day 1 challenges were an issue from day 1

now which one of those did he improve from year 1 to year 4?
smh Boone and his big mouth.
Hahahaha! We WISH...it will be the same stuff posted above from KKFC (pitting one former HC against the other b/c they have different styles/approaches/personalities, etc.). But hey, we can dream right?

Your loyalty point is solid (i.e. Boone throwing Baalke a bone b/c Baalke took care of him last off season)...angling for a future contract is a bit off IMHO but I can see where you are coming from there. Personally, I just see these comments as Boone-like comments. He's generally a pretty transparent player to say the least...maybe more than Anthony Davis. I think when he was backing up Harbaugh last year, it was during tumultrous times and he was trying to help keep the ship righted.

Now...as to his play last year...haha!

Exactly, great point. His running his mouth is a self serving agenda. If he was quiet and never said anything during the season i doubt anything would have been said. But he was one of Harbaughs biggest supporters.
Share 49ersWebzone