There are 257 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami

My point about Boone is that he went out of his way to ridicule the accurate Harbaugh reports last season; NOW he's credible? Nope.
you are using the king of mr flip flop on the former coach as your ammunition,, do i really have to begin on how many things are wrong with that?

Just because you don't like someone doesn't make what they said wrong.

The point is that this guy has no business talking about the credibility of someone else
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If an actual respected team leader had said something about Harbs it would be more meaningful. Coming from a guy who only 6 months ago had Harbaugh's sack in the mouth and now is saying something against him is kinda comical and shows what kinda person Boone really is. TBPH
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
bet half the team, if not more, quit on harbaugh before last season.

Harbaugh just has one of those personalities that rub people the wrong way. he's a strange dude. Surprised he's still married.

This

Glad we got a super chill new coach who never loses his cool and speaks English really well.

lol at thinking Tomsula's bludgeon thing is anything like Harbaugh's childlike cereal aisle temper tantrums on the sidelines.

who said that? Harbuagh was all about telling the refs who made horrible calls what he thought, I liked that.
his little child temper tantrums wore on alot of fans, and probably wore on refs and players as well. it was also used as a mask to coverup the fact he had no clue how to run a nfl playclock, how to use timeouts or use a little red flag. his little cute catch phrases were no longer cute last year to many, i am convinced that this whole win with class stuff is directly aimed at the former coach, and rightfully so. in regards to boone, no you do not say that stuff in the middle of the season when we were were still,, barely, but still alive for some post season stuff.. even then you heard things leaking out about the vets rolling their eyes at him. it did not fit some peoples narrative that the former coach was bill walsh the second so they chose to ignore it and continued to chant "whos got it better" with a glassy look on their eyes after we get blown out by the raiders and blew multiple half time leads

44-19-1

#ThanksForTheMemories
Originally posted by susweel:
If an actual respected team leader had said something about Harbs it would be more meaningful. Coming from a guy who only 6 months ago had Harbaugh's sack in the mouth and now is saying something against him is kinda comical and shows what kinda person Boone really is. TBPH

Exactly - take it where its coming from. I lost all respect for this kid. He needs to shut the hell up and play ball. He holds out for nickels and then plays like crap. Now he complains Harbs pushed to him to hard? What the hell is a coach supposed to do? Bring him tea and cookies after practice?
Goes for pretty much everyone from Boone to the suicidecontingent of the zone…

Drafts almost here!
I wish he demanded the same out of his OC...instead of settling for leagues low on offense.

But maybe Roman was under the same pressure/Tyranny.....and he will now florish with the likes of McCoy, Harvin, Lil Wayne, and Madden QB rated 72.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Apr 20, 2015 at 10:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by susweel:

Exactly - take it where its coming from. I lost all respect for this kid. He needs to shut the hell up and play ball. He holds out for nickels and then plays like crap. Now he complains Harbs pushed to him to hard? What the hell is a coach supposed to do? Bring him tea and cookies after practice?

Coming from a guy who held out and came back bewildered and lost.. Smh, you were part of the problem Boone.. How about blocking??? The nerve of this guy..
I'm really getting tired of this guy's mouth. It would be ok if he could back it up with this play but he can't. He was average last year at best. JUST SHUT UP BOONE!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami

My point about Boone is that he went out of his way to ridicule the accurate Harbaugh reports last season; NOW he's credible? Nope.
you are using the king of mr flip flop on the former coach as your ammunition,, do i really have to begin on how many things are wrong with that?

Just because you don't like someone doesn't make what they said wrong.

Except in Kawakami's case. Whatever he writes is is either fictional, distorted or spun bad. He is not a reliable source.
my god,, he hated the former coach for four years and now all of a sudden he is his biggest supporter,, again do not get me started on people who use this guy for their back up
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
but its ok when garcia runs his mouth vs the niners,, its ok when the former coach , who has a new job, continues to run his mouth about his time here? of course, i forgot,,
what is the coach supposed to do
what is Tim K supposed to say
the college rah rah b******t does not work for long on nfl players,, moss alluded to that problem this year but of course he has no clue what he was talking about, as he was only with the team for one year and still maintained contacts to the team..

I think many of the players had a lot of ambivalence with respect to their feelings about Harbaugh last season. I think that they respected many of the ways Harbaugh interacted with them; for example, he seldom, if ever, threw a player under the bus, even when it was obvious the player was under-performing. Football is a very physical game and passion to play hard is crucial. Being a band of brothers as a team helps bring out that passion in the players. Most of the players probably appreciated that Harbaugh helped create that esprit de corps. But, as many have suggested, it probably wasn't sustainable - especially after three long seasons that went well deep into the playoffs and then ended without any Super Bowl wins. I think last year that many of the players came to think that there wasn't much point in playing their guts out only to be pushed by Harbaugh to do more when they began to think the problem wasn't their effort but the way Harbaugh and Roman were running the offense.

So... mixed feelings. A lot of respect for Harbaugh because he is in many ways a very good coach and they won a lot of games, but probably got increasingly disgruntled about being told they had to put out more effort when they began to think that that wasn't the problem.

If those mixed feelings are true of Boone then I can understand why he might have said one thing at one time and a different thing now. But it would have been better for him to let "let-go" coaches go and not say anything about it.
Just to mention. Boone is not my favourite player by a long chalk. But he knows what it was actually like to play last year. None of us do.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Boone STFU
my god,, he hated the former coach for four years and now all of a sudden he is his biggest supporter,, again do not get me started on people who use this guy for their back up

Kawakami is a troll. Yes, he may get some things right. Whatever. He's a troll. You're so right, CC. This guy hammered Harbaugh over and over. It got contentious at times. Kawakami had to explain himself and defend himself at times. It was ridiculous.

And getting more ridiculous than ever, he immediately starts acting like Harbaugh's best friend when he's gone. I'm not buying it for a second.

As usual, Kawakami is trolling Niner fans. I won't click on any article with his name and if I click on one without a name and find out he's written it, I back out of it without reading. By the way, in an email exchange with Bud Geracie, technically Kawakami's boss, Geracie defended Kawakami as a "dependable reporter," but admitted that there were lots and lots of complaints about him. I said, 'I can't be the only one who thinks Kawakami is trolling Niner fans,' and Geracie's response was 'no, I'll be honest here. Hundreds of fans have complained about Tim, but we like him a lot. The only reason I responded to you was that you were one of the few who didn't use nasty language in your complaint.' I told him thank you, but I wouldn't be reading any Mercury News copy with Kawakami's name on it and he said he was sorry to hear that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Just to mention. Boone is not my favourite player by a long chalk. But he knows what it was actually like to play last year. None of us do.

Tim k thinks he does,, but his problem is he does not think,,, he thinks he thinks but he does not think. there try to figure that one out. i just have a big problem with the former coach taking every chance he can to blather about his time here like his interview he did with his new best friend in Tim K. some people that is just fine and dandy and hang on every word he says, but when boone comes out and tells people what it was like around here he is a ratfink and is told to shut up and focus on his job. also if people would actually spend some time listening between the lines of our new coach he alluded to some of this, in my opinion,, in a very clever way when he said,, I just want to get the guys back to having fun playing the game again".. if that was not a huge, clever glimpse into what life was like for the players last year, not sure what is
Share 49ersWebzone