LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 341 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
The more camp Boone misses the higher the likelihood he gets injured when he does come back. Chance of a good outcome is getting less and less.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I hate Snyder but we are really low at depth now

Seymour, Martin, Martin, Kilgore, Bykowski........I really wish Marquardt hadnt gotten hurt again, he would have had a legit shot to make the roster.

Kilgore is a starter....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rapid4:
The more camp Boone misses the higher the likelihood he gets injured when he does come back. Chance of a good outcome is getting less and less.

Yeah, and laying on the couch eating Doritos all day isn't going to help either.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Aug 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason Cole ‏@JasonPhilCole

Bucs & NYG, 5-6 teams to be potential players in any Boone trade. 49ers could land Day 2 pick?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2158930-insider-buzz-nyg-and-tb-frontrunners-for-boone-trade-raiders-eyeing-la-stadium
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jason Cole ‏@JasonPhilCole

Bucs & NYG, 5-6 teams to be potential players in any Boone trade. 49ers could land Day 2 pick?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2158930-insider-buzz-nyg-and-tb-frontrunners-for-boone-trade-raiders-eyeing-la-stadium

"Day 2" now means 2nd or 3rd round right?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
So Snyder is hurt now?

I kind of see that as "addition by subtraction."

I hate Snyder but we are really low at depth now

@MaioccoCSN OL Adam Snyder is not practicing, but he walked out to the practice field without a limp. He's wearing no brace on his knee.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Baalke would be a fool to trade him period. That precedent cannot be set. Whining your way off our team cannot ever be an option. His agent is obviously fabricating the trade possibilities.

His agent seems to be working overtime to avoid drawing any blame when this holdout strategy fails to yield any fruit.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Iupati is better than Boone anyway. If it was a choice between Iupati and Boone, I would much prefer Iupati. If Boone is demanding similar money to Iupati....

I'm not so sure. The ability to play the tackle position at a very high level elevates Boone's value. I understand why he wants to get paid more, he's just going about it in a really bad way.

His ability to start at both positions is exactly why a 2nd or 3rd round pick is not enough. He's not a Pro-Bowler at either, but still a top player. That provides a team A LOT of flexibility. If I'm Baalke, a team would have to overpay (a 1st or a 2nd AND 3rd). I doubt any team bites and if they do, great for us and Alex Boone.
Originally posted by DeUh:
@MaioccoCSN OL Adam Snyder is not practicing

Thank God.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
How does everyone see this play out be week 1? Does Boone come back? I just don't see Baalke giving up on his stance of not giving Boone a new contract because he's not in camp. Makes me wonder now why Ahmad restructured his deal.

Originally posted by Baldie:
How does everyone see this play out be week 1? Does Boone come back?

Yes. Once his temper tantrum is over he'll be back for his game checks.
All of this media speculation is already stuff we've covered on the Zone! Baalke ain't trading Boone unless a team gives up crazy. He will continue to lay idly by on his sofa on the reserve/not reporting list. He is being made an example of right now and more importantly we are sticking to our established culture and order of how we do business. It didn't change for Crab, Gore and definitely not Boone!
How does everyone see this play out be week 1? Does Boone come back? I just don't see Baalke giving up on his stance of not giving Boone a new contract because he's not in camp. Makes me wonder now why Ahmad restructured his deal.

Because we all know that we are going to extend either Aldon Crab Iupati Boone Cully or someone else over the course of the preseason or midseason
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I say 3rd week to the 1st game of the regular season, this will be resolved one way or another.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by DeUh:
@MaioccoCSN OL Adam Snyder is not practicing

Thank God.

Lol. Nicely done.
[ Edited by DeUh on Aug 11, 2014 at 10:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone